Hardware I want to upgrade to the latest Switch firmware but will I get banned......

ady199

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I currently have my Switch on firmware 5.1.0 (Airplane mode always turned on) and have been installing nsp's and using SXOS (with Dongle and jig) I've now encountered the problem where I am unable to install updates for the latest games. I've been told that it's because I'm still on firmware 5.1.0

My question is and I think I already know the answer to this - If I boot my Switch normally and then turn off Airplane mode and then update the firmware to the latest version - Will I get banned?

What does a 'banned' status mean - does it just mean that I won't be able to play games online (which I never do anyway) and not have the ability to download from the eshop (which I never do)?

If my Switch does get banned - I presume I will still be able to use my SX Dongle?

Is ChoiDujourNX safe to use? I've read a number that a number of users have bricked there console using it and the fact that you have to have autorcm enabled - does this still drain your battery really quickly?

Sorry for the 100 questions but it would be good to get answers from you guys that know a lot more about this stuff then what I do.

Thanks in advance and have a great Christmas!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bringing a hacked console online always has a chance of getting the console banned. The problem is no one knows if you will be banned or not. And there are 2 different types of bans but both prevent eShop access, online play, and game updates. I don't know how a ban would affect the SX Pro though.

As for AutoRCM, you seem to have multiple misunderstandings about it.
  1. AutoRCM bricks your console; that is quite literally how it works. For users who ran out of battery with AutoRCM installed, their console wasn't bricked in the slightest. They just had to charge the console. All AutoRCM does is slow down the charge rate while in RCM which is what the console will be in if the battery dies. But a responsible user wouldn't let the battery die in the first place as that's bad for the battery with or without AutoRCM
  2. AutoRCM has never drained battery; irresponsible users cause the Switch to drain battery. They improperly turned off their console which causes the Switch to remain in RCM which does in fact drain the battery at a rate of about 5% per hour. To properly turn off a console with AutoRCM, you must do so from RCM with either a manual shutdown (holding power for 12 seconds) or using Hekate's Power Off. I've beeing using AutoRCM for months with 0 issues and a full battery.
  3. AutoRCM can save you from wear and tear on your pins. Even the best jigs are still going to be in contact with the pins which can lead to irreversible damage. The worst case scenario that AutoRCM introduces is just a drained battery which is completely reversible.

Reactions: Lacius and BATMAN-

ady199

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your reply, so you would suggest upgrading my firmware to the latest version using ChoiDujourNX?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw