jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
No need to doublepost.

Anyway, FFRW is a pretty good RTS in my Eyese, but just think of a online RTS !

i agree, FFRW is the best RTS can ever get on the DS imo, i used to play a lot of command and conquer and dune 2000 on the playstation and PC.

Panzer Tactics? Anno 1701?

And coming soon:
Populous!

i played that and it was absolutely boring, never played it again, civilisation is another terrible RTS on the Playstation
frown.gif
however black and white is another RTS thats pretty decent, another, age of empires, empire earth, only for PC though.

superkrm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think FFRW is a start in the right direction but not the best the ds can do.
It is the best that has been done so far.

RTS needs to be reinvented for the ds not just trying to port the way things are done on the pc.

Harpuia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If expand upon Warcraft TD, it could be a winner. The controls are very clever, with the L button swapdown and whatnot
biggrin.gif

G

Gilrad

I seem to recall somebody making a homebrew RTS engine for the DS somewhere on dcemu news. The test version loaded up the resources and settings to Dune (II?), though I don't think any releases were made. It's been a while so I hope the project hasn't been abandoned.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
@veho: Dune 2 is a little old, I really thinkg Dune 2000 could be ported without the cut scenes.
Dune 2 would be enough for a start. A little polish on the graphics, fix a few AI bugs, and you have a great game.

Then, on to Warcraft
smile.gif

And then... Total Annihilation!

fateastray

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd rather see a Diablo I for the DS ...

Mmm... anyone could say I would rather see [any frikin game] here. He is talking about RTS.

@veho: Dune 2 is a little old, I really thinkg Dune 2000 could be ported without the cut scenes.

No no, I don't mean it like that, I mean, since everyone is looking at Blizzard to make the game, I'd rather see Blizzard make a Diablo, since it's a Blizzard game and stuff... >__> ...And it would be easier to port, because of it's low hardware requirements...
I wasnt trying to sound like some immature fanboy... =P

And I believe there was someone homebrew-porting C&C, right? Well, that I read of some website a while ago..Dunno if it's still in progress..

Also, Warcraft II shouldn't be a problem to port. It was teh awesome.

Left/Right mouse buttons could be replaced by the A/R button or the Left/L button.....

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reckon we'll see some Blizzard games soon, more and more established developers are jumping on board so we'll either get new games or just ports, most likely ports. They did do a questionnaire a while back asking if people would buy Diablo or Starcraft for DS/PSP. So at least they did seem interested.

Also Interplay are gonna be coming back next year depending on whether they can find the funding. Not sure what RTS IP's they still own though (they did release a lot of Blizzards stuff, but I think they belong to Blizzard) but if they do I'm sure they'll want to earn some monies on the DS.

RTS Game coming to the DS:
Civilazation Revolution
Eco Creatures: Save the Forest (maybe not what you want but it is RTS)
Nobunaga's Ambition DS
Nights of War Songs (might be vapurware now though)
Pirate Battle (Was due out years ago on GBA but now sceduled for 2008)
Command & Destroy
Tom Clancy's EndWar
Dust & Shadows (Its been finished since 2006 and they're still looking for a publisher so we might not see it)

Theres many untitled games coming as well and I'm sure there'll be some more announced.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i played that and it was absolutely boring, never played it again, civilisation is another terrible RTS on the Playstation
frown.gif
however black and white is another RTS thats pretty decent, another, age of empires, empire earth, only for PC though.

I'm afraid I have to disagree. Anno 1701 is a GREAT RTS, although it's slow pace may make it seem 'boring'. But, as an economical RTS, it's on par with its PC's counterparts. And it's probably the best the DS can (or will ever) get
bow.gif
And, FYI, Civilization is not an RTS... so how come you say it's a "terrible RTS"? ...
dry.gif

Black & White, AoE (in real time, obviously) or Empire Earth... they would all have to be watered-down versions of the PC games, or be adapted into a TBS/Card Battling/Minigame game... bleh.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd rather see a Diablo I for the DS ...

Mmm... anyone could say I would rather see [any frikin game] here. He is talking about RTS.

No no, I don't mean it like that, I mean, since everyone is looking at Blizzard to make the game, I'd rather see Blizzard make a Diablo, since it's a Blizzard game and stuff... >__> ...And it would be easier to port, because of it's low hardware requirements...
I wasnt trying to sound like some immature fanboy... =P

And I believe there was someone homebrew-porting C&C, right? Well, that I read of some website a while ago..Dunno if it's still in progress..

Also, Warcraft II shouldn't be a problem to port. It was teh awesome.

Left/Right mouse buttons could be replaced by the A/R button or the Left/L button.....

Point taken. Agree Warcraft IS awesome, I would kill to play even the first game on the DS.
Where did you heard about C&C on the DS?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/71-year-old-arrested-after-lapd-finds-nearly-3000-boxes-o...