Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
gallery_111084_186_11447.jpg

WIKI Article

this system was an obscure handheld/table-top gaming console that only had 4 games released for it. it used a mirror to turn 40 red LEDs into 150 vertical rows, much like how the virtual boy accomplished it.

i'm sure no one would really care about making an emu for it as there are only 4 known roms for it, but i would still love to play them on my ds!

-another world

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
I hadnt heard of this either.
Quick search and i found an Adventure Vision project page that says it "recreates all of the circuits found in Entex' Adventure Vision handheld video game including CPU and audio/video generation".
Looks like there is a source code DL for it there, too. Dunno if its what's needed, but maybe it could be used to port it to DS.

alekmaul

Trophies
Website
www.portabledev.com
XP
Country
France
Could be easy to do such emulator because mess souce code is available.
Any mockup of how you think it can fit with DS dual screen (because of the HUGE resolution of ENtex screen :P) ?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
hey alek,
wouldn't the 150x40 rows of pixels fit into the 256x192 ds screen? maybe i am not understanding the difference between rows of LEDs and actual LCD resolution. perhaps it could be scaled outwards a bit so that the graphics don't appear so small that its impossible to enjoy them? lol.

copper allowed his arcade emulators to play across both screens and it doesn't work unless its with a ds emulator. the physical separation of both screens is far enough apart that it makes gaming on both, at the same time, rather strange. it would need to be on just the top screen. i was thinking that the bottom screen could be a graphical representation of the top of the entex system, when all 4 carts are docked. then clocking on a cart loads 1 of the 4 known roms, or tells the user they don't have that file.

i do not know if there are any homebrew projects or custom carts made for this system. so a way to load "homebrew" might be a good idea as well. i'm still looking around for adventure vision homebrew or hacks. i'm assuming some must exist because the games are emulated.

-another world

alekmaul

Trophies
Website
www.portabledev.com
XP
Country
France
Sorry about the resolution screen, it was a joke. Just wanted to say the oposite it is a really small resolution so i really don't know if it will be easy to read something ...
Perhaps with a 2x scaller ...
Also, don't know if bios and roms are still copyrighted ...

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
Dunno bout copyrighted stuffs, but nopers, Entex is no mo' as of around nineteen eighty fo'

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Entex/index.html
Entex Industries, Inc. was founded in 1970 by G. A. 'Tony' Clowes, Nicholas Carlozzi and Nick Underhill. Originally started out making model kits, toys and construction blocks (Loc Blocs, in direct competition with Lego). In 1980, Entex achieved worldwide sales of $100 million in part due to their revolutionary electronic games based on sports and arcade games. Entex was based in Compton, California (303 West Artesia Blvd.) and was a big competitor with Mattel and Coleco, making head to head sports games similar to their sports games. Entex quickly moved into making very good quality VFD handhelds based on arcade games that competed directly with Coleco's mini-arcade line of games. They are no longer in business, Tony left in 1984 (to go to Tomy), and shortly after the company was sold off and all assets liquidated.

...straight outta compton crazy mofo named A-Dub...

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
hehe alek. you're my hero!

after you get the speed, sound, and scaling implemented, i may start to bug you for an update to your vectrex emu with a full set of graphics to act as the screen overlays =P

-another world

alekmaul

Trophies
Website
www.portabledev.com
XP
Country
France
ok, news about this project.
I think I will add a menu with the 4 games choice and also some information about the machine (sort of a small wiki ;) ).
During game choice, i will add a screenshot from the game manual explanation (to help understanding controls for the game).
The 4 games are playable, I tested them. Need only to add the "superb" sound emulation to finish this project.
During game, certainly the DS will look like that :
enadvision_alpha02.png

If a pixel artist want to help me with menus and interfaces, just tell me, it will help to have something better that my quick resize of actual googled images i found ...

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
yeah i found that page as well. you make a point, but we are assuming that no one owns the copyrights to those files. which they probably don't, but it is possible that someone does. although i doubt anyone would care, its not like the system is manufactured any longer.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9w_UTPpHjg