Status
Not open for further replies.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Before you ask, no, GBAtemp will NOT be running a shop due to obvious legal issues.
Just being curious, that's all
yaywii.gif

Your thoughts?

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Pretty sure I wouldn't buy from here. But that's not because I don't want to support GBAtemp, cause I really do. It's just that I'm in no need for yet another flashcart. At this moment I have 6 flashcarts, out of those 6 I'm fairly sure I'd be fine with just 2 of them.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Soma Cruz said:
Strider said:
Terrible idea, due to the same reason gbatemp does not host roms.

Although Costello already knows that
rolleyes.gif

The flashcard dealer I buy my flashcards doesnt host any roms too!
That's not the problem, GBAtemp doesn't want to get shut down for doing any illegal stuff, that's why they don't host roms or sell flashcarts. Any discussion on homebrew or rom hacking is completely legal, since it's only talk.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i actually buy that mousepad I need one i have one with surgeouns on it looking at me it kinda freaks me out especially the fact that you cant see there mouths and yes as long as it didnt take as long as dealxtreme

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Everybody seems concerned about fickle things like prices and shipping methods and so on......such foolish foolish childish comments ( that's Franzisca speaking not me lol ).

The question here is not about the quality of the service, I'm sure Costello and company would be up to it and run it in a very professional way with adequate service and prices.
The real question here is the integrity of the site.

Up until now we've seen the best unbiased review that you can find anywhere , and that is why GBAtemp is a neutral site and doesn't favor one flashcard over another for bribes and advertising porpoises.
That's why when I read a review I trust you guys and I know that when it comes down to get a new gadget ( soon or later you a re bound to by something new ) I don't have to look any further.
But what will happen if they actually run a shop and accidentally have an overstock of R4s or Neoflash carts ? Could their review suddenly praise the faulty hardware in favor of a boost in sales ? How could you be sure then, that is just their unbiased opinion ?

I would gladly support the forum and by from GBAtemp than any other place, but for peace of mind, let's live it like that.
I'm surprised no one has even thought about it.
What you can do is setup a shop and some how endorse it in the forums and recommend it on the front page , but uder a totally different name, then if the service provided and the prices are right, people would buy from it.
Just my two cents.

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
well i will buy it if the price isn't EXPENSIVE and there is custom firmware for it like akaio (maybe all coders in temp will work for it
tongue.gif
)

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why didn't I see this topic before?
unsure.gif

Anyways, of course I'd buy from you guys, you're the most reliable people I know
biggrin.gif
As long as you don't make things way overpriced though
tongue.gif

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to see an open source flash card project where a whole community has input in developing the OS. Kind of like the way Pandora was developed.

kaputnik

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
First of all, I think it would be hard to match DX's prices. The only good reason to order from GBAtemp would be just to support the site. If you're concerned about delivery times, warranty issues, etc, that comes with ordering online you'd go to a physical shop in your neighbourhood instead. So personally I think it would be hard for a GBAtemp webshop to compete in that field.

In my opinion it would be a better idea to sell the essential stuff that DX and equivalent hongkong sites don't have for sale. For instance, they don't sell modchips, due to Paypal not allowing it. If there are other viable payment options besides Paypal, perhaps that would be a better field for an eventual GBAtemp webshop.

Linkpal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell yes. I love this site, and it's a hassle to have to double check every site I buy from first. A shop would fix everything!
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with...