If I hack my Switch, where do I get the best jig?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
for me and my wife we have a RCM Loader each, and setup rekado on our phones, what ever is at hand can be used. I do preffer Auto-RMC on our consoles, but is a personal election.

For the jig DO NO BE CHEAP, BUY AT LEAST ONE (or 3D print yourself) the use of tinfoil, paperclip, or similar will cost you lots when you damage your rail. Also you can make one of the joy-cons hacks, where you put a internal switch o a reel switch on the joy con and convert your joy con into your jig.

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
battery that you have to worry about
"Worry" is a bit of a strong word. As long as you don't store it with the button held down (which will drain the battery with a quickness) a single charge is good for like 1000 injects (which you shouldn't need that many unless you are in the habit of constantly doing a full power down instead of putting the console into sleep mode) and you can get a full charge in like an hour. Really under what many of us might call "normal" use you shouldn't have to charge it more than like once a month, maybe every other month. In which case 1 hour in that kind of time frame isn't a very big time investment.

Plus it's the ONE model that has the battery. The ZERO model ran off capacitors that charged up off the switch and took a minute or two of waiting before it actually injected your payload, but the battery was added to the ONE model to reduce the wait time needed before injecting. (the ONE is also a smaller form factor over all.)

It all comes down to personal taste though. I could use my phone but that would require me to buy a USB-C to USB-C cable or buy a USB-C tipped OTG cable/adapter to use a normal USB-C cable. So now I have to carry around a cable that I might not have needed otherwise and an adapter. The RCM Loader on the other hand is JUST small enough to fit comfortably in my switch case. That kind of convenience makes all the extra stuff needed for injecting off my phone just not worth bothering with for my use case. 🤷‍♂️

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
@Elodain I think the same as you. If you have a dead battery on RCM Loader means that you need a PC or an Android phone to boot it up. If you don't have a RCM loader to begin with, that would be the only options anyway. Also micro USB charger are everywhere nowadays. (I don't know why they did not went with USB-C, but whatever, it is a minor problem).

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Worry" is a bit of a strong word. As long as you don't store it with the button held down (which will drain the battery with a quickness) a single charge is good for like 1000 injects (which you shouldn't need that many unless you are in the habit of constantly doing a full power down instead of putting the console into sleep mode) and you can get a full charge in like an hour. Really under what many of us might call "normal" use you shouldn't have to charge it more than like once a month, maybe every other month. In which case 1 hour in that kind of time frame isn't a very big time investment.

Plus it's the ONE model that has the battery. The ZERO model ran off capacitors that charged up off the switch and took a minute or two of waiting before it actually injected your payload, but the battery was added to the ONE model to reduce the wait time needed before injecting. (the ONE is also a smaller form factor over all.)

It all comes down to personal taste though. I could use my phone but that would require me to buy a USB-C to USB-C cable or buy a USB-C tipped OTG cable/adapter to use a normal USB-C cable. So now I have to carry around a cable that I might not have needed otherwise and an adapter. The RCM Loader on the other hand is JUST small enough to fit comfortably in my switch case. That kind of convenience makes all the extra stuff needed for injecting off my phone just not worth bothering with for my use case. 🤷‍♂️
there have many reports of them just not being reliable. I'll take a VERY slight inconvenience while saving money rather than using a device that is prone to failing

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As long as you don't store it with the button held down (which will drain the battery with a quickness) a single charge is good for like 1000 injects (which you shouldn't need that many unless you are in the habit of constantly doing a full power down instead of putting the console into sleep mode) and you can get a full charge in like an hour.
1000 injects is only theoretical. That would have to be done as an experiment, constantly powering off the console and re-injecting the payload. In real life, the battery will drain itself, whether you use the dongle or not, in about a month to 6 weeks. Then, you have to recharge, which does take about an hour, as you mention. Still a nice device to own, though.

Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
there have many reports of them just not being reliable. I'll take a VERY slight inconvenience while saving money rather than using a device that is prone to failing
I think is a matter of taste, for some people are more handy a computer, for other a phone, for others a gadget, for some people the supercondensers are the max for other the lithium battery, so each one can select the best suit own taste.

Reactions: deathblade200

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
1000 injects is only theoretical. That would have to be done as an experiment, constantly powering off the console and re-injecting the payload. In real life, the battery will drain itself, whether you use the dongle or not, in about a month to 6 weeks. Then, you have to recharge, which does take about an hour, as you mention. Still a nice device to own, though.
some day a did get couriosity, so, put a payload and config hekate to restart to RCM automatically, so when injected hekate payload the console restart to RCM again y again and again.

took my RCM charged full (takes 70 minutes) then put on the console and wait, Loose the count of injection pased the 1500 times and the battery still keeping charged. then took only 20 minutes to full charge and settled my curiosity.

Some night my wife comes crying because "his console dead and no works anymore" I press the power 20 secs and try to turn on, then put his RCM on console and yes, nothing happened, but I noted, no led show on RCM, so I laught and remember her what some times need to charge the RCM, we connected it to a phone charger for 1 minute, inject her console normally and then put to charge the RCM again. nothing bad.

Reactions: Dust2dust

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
some day a did get couriosity, so, put a payload and config hekate to restart to RCM automatically, so when injected hekate payload the console restart to RCM again y again and again.

took my RCM charged full (takes 70 minutes) then put on the console and wait, Loose the count of injection pased the 1500 times and the battery still keeping charged. then took only 20 minutes to full charge and settled my curiosity.
I never thought someone would actually try it (injecting a payload 1000 times on a single charge). I'm glad you did it. You bit the bullet for all of us. But in the end, still have to recharge the RCM Loader about every 6 weeks, though. Small price to pay for such a helpful little device.

Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry, idk what you mean by a space cake, and even if i did, i'm not really taking requests right now, because otherwise people will get mad at me for taking a request but not making a birthday cake for @Xdqwerty (i'm sorry for that btw bro)
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan lies, you just want to smoke it

:rofl2:
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi: +2