1690580164812.png

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only fact I know is that the inventer of the diesel engine Rudolf Christian Karl Diesel also invented an engine that used peanut oil.
This is actually a really fun fact: This IS the Diesel engine! Even modern Diesel engines can use vegetable oil, kerosene, and even motor oil as a fuel in a pinch. This is typically.. not good for the engine long term, but if you're stuck somewhere and all you have is a liter or two of oil in your trunk, it can get you home in a diesel. There are kits to make the engines handle these alternative fuels much better.

Not to mention that biodiesel is useable in most modern diesel engines, and is just a mix of purified vegetable oil (typically recycled from a restaurant) and regular diesel.

You'll have to try harder next time!

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Here on my country nobody uses "Diesel fuel" on the Diesel motors, here we use A.C.P.M. (Aceite Combustible Para Motores) something like "Combustion Oil for Engines". Because the license to distillate Diesel fuel was extremely high, so the government put all the Universities together to find a replacement for Diesel which could be distillate in house with no license.

Even my university found a very good fuel made of corn, never used on my country but now used on some first world countries.

• Wow
Reactions: StrayGuitarist

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here on my country nobody uses "Diesel fuel" on the Diesel motors, here we use A.C.P.M. (Aceite Combustible Para Motores) something like "Combustion Oil for Engines". Because the license to distillate Diesel fuel was extremely high, so the government put all the Universities together to find a replacement for Diesel which could be distillate in house with no license.

Even my university found a very good fuel made of corn, never used on my country but now used on some first world countries.
I didn't know about that, actually - that's really interesting. They never used A.C.P.M out there, just exported it? I know I've ran corn-based fuels in my TDI Beetle when I still had it, but I didn't know where it came from.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Might work might not I don't know