Hardware I'm amazed with pro controller battery

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here the gamepad is 70eur while the xone was less than 50eur...

Also with CM I don't need to buy more controllers and have almost infinite mods, if you buy a modded controller with like only one button with rapid fire your going to pay around 100eur...

Also I would have to buy G29 for like 400eur while with CM I can use my G25 on PS4 100% like the G29...

And my CM was around 50eur too back then from US store and on black Friday it usually sells for like 30 or 35eur

Reactions: Absintu

Absintu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
$60 for a controller is expensive? Is that a monthly allowance for some of you?

here it's 70€, wich is something like 75usd
yeah, i think its a little expensive and no, some of us actually work for a living and don't have an allowance

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny that everybody keeps saying it is the best controller ever while it is 100 percent identical to an Xbox one controller. I own both and there is no difference

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Don't know where you live but here an xbox on controller is 49.99 and a switch controller 69.99
I was just at walmart Xbox controllers were $54.99 switch pro controller was $59.00 amazon prices are like $47 and $59 that's close enough to a $10 difference best buy is $60 and $63 gamestop $59.99 and $69.99 there is never a $20 difference anywhere unless you go out of your way to two different atosto to find the cheapest Xbox controller and most expensive switch controller.

I have 2 of each while they are remarkably similar the pro controller joysticks are smoother and my hands naturally rest on the L & R buttons thanks to the better shape.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There isn't Walmart here or best buy or whatever big stores from US...

Amazon UK I think nowadays don't ship to here at least in a forum ppl bought X360 games from there and after a policy update they said they can't buy anymore...

And I also can only ship from EU because customs here are too expensive. From China I can only order to around 20eur max

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I was just at walmart Xbox controllers were $54.99 switch pro controller was $59.00 amazon prices are like $47 and $59 that's close enough to a $10 difference best buy is $60 and $63 gamestop $59.99 and $69.99 there is never a $20 difference anywhere unless you go out of your way to two different atosto to find the cheapest Xbox controller and most expensive switch controller.

I have 2 of each while they are remarkably similar the pro controller joysticks are smoother and my hands naturally rest on the L & R buttons thanks to the better shape.
well not here in europe

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There isn't Walmart here or best buy or whatever big stores from US...

Amazon UK I think nowadays don't ship to here at least in a forum ppl bought X360 games from there and after a policy update they said they can't buy anymore...

And I also can only ship from EU because customs here are too expensive. From China I can only order to around 20eur max
ah right sorry i didn't realize either of you were from europe i was using my phone and it doesn't display flags i actually got one of my switch pro controllers from amazon uk for $43usd cause of a %20 off accessories sale they had and the favorable exchange rate and the fact americans don't pay taxes for anything purchased out of state. but looking at the prices and especially taxes over there yeah thats insane i would probably never buy anything i thought the %9 sales tax when i went to los angeles was insane.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
$60 for a controller is expensive? Is that a monthly allowance for some of you?
The price has gone up and up with every console generation, and I do think $60 is too much. $40 seems about perfect.

Reactions: guily6669

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah right sorry i didn't realize either of you were from europe i was using my phone and it doesn't display flags i actually got one of my switch pro controllers from amazon uk for $43usd cause of a %20 off accessories sale they had and the favorable exchange rate and the fact americans don't pay taxes for anything purchased out of state. but looking at the prices and especially taxes over there yeah thats insane i would probably never buy anything i thought the %9 sales tax when i went to los angeles was insane.
My flag is not right ;) I have it in USA and on my PC it's even displaying other flags while I have the US flag lol...

I live in Madeira Island, here there's almost no jobs, I'm unemployed... I'm waiting 4 a job which they told me they would put me there, but the salary will most likely be around 373 EUR per month, it sucks, everything is expensive here, I don't have juice 4 example for like a year, the stupid government increased sugar taxes and now most 1.5 - 2 Liter of juice like Coca-Cola is almost 2eur. Cigarettes are 4+EUR each pack of 20, electricity on my house usually cost around 100 per month and the crap slow internet is around 90eur per month 24\1 mbps, my father pays it or else I could not even have anything.

So the controller at 70eur basically will cost one week of work which is a lot 4 me ;).

And I will never ask my father to buy me a console, games or anything like that, all consoles I have\had I bought them. Even when I was a kid I usually worked 1 month of my school holidays just to buy a console, but never had games, so I have to wait 4 them to be cracked.

I would love to get a Nvidia shield controller for my Nvidia Shield tablet and a Switch Pro controller for my Switch, but mehh will probably never waste money on them as I already have lots of controllers from other consoles.

Last edited by guily6669,

Absintu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My flag is not right ;) I have it in USA and on my PC it's even displaying other flags while I have the US flag lol...

I live in Madeira Island, here there's almost no jobs, I'm unemployed... I'm waiting 4 a job which they told me they would put me there, but the salary will most likely be around 373 EUR per month, it sucks, everything is expensive here, I don't have juice 4 example for like a year, the stupid government increased sugar taxes and now most 1.5 - 2 Liter of juice like Coca-Cola is almost 2eur. Cigarettes are 4+EUR each pack of 20, electricity on my house usually cost around 100 per month and the crap slow internet is around 90eur per month 24\1 mbps, my father pays it or else I could not even have anything.

So the controller at 70eur basically will cost one week of work which is a lot 4 me ;).

And I will never ask my father to buy me a console, games or anything like that, all consoles I have\had I bought them. Even when I was a kid I usually worked 1 month of my school holidays just to buy a console, but never had games, so I have to wait 4 them to be cracked.

our minimum salary in Portugal is about 550€. Madeira has a government, but u are still from Portugal, so 373€ is illegal. Or is it diferent there?

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only controllers I use are Logitech F710 which take two AA batteries. I have two of them. They are basically PS2 controllers, but use a wireless connection. They last for about 3 months on two AA batteries. I even use them on my WiiU (the only reason I bought a WiiU was for BOTW so I don't care if the input redirection doesn't work everywhere). I guess if I plan to get any other games in the future for the WiiU I will pickup a couple of Pro controllers. 80 hours is good for a single charge. I use the Logitech F710 for basically all of my gaming and emulation needs on the PC; they work great and are only $40 each.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i prefer the D-Pad on the XBox One S controller that i used to own for a very short time i had the One S before i traded it for a PS4 Slim but owning the Switch Pro Controller all i can say is that it is really good and hoping it goes down a bit in price. Costs $99 here in Australia..If you haven't got one yet, I totally recommend it.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
our minimum salary in Portugal is about 550€. Madeira has a government, but u are still from Portugal, so 373€ is illegal. Or is it diferent there?
It's the same, but it's from the unemployment center... I did a 1 year contract doing everything including hard job making new pavements lifting 50KG of cement all day long to receive 373 EUR per month, 6 hours per day + around 4 EUR per day for food, but that's out of the actual 373 EUR salary...

At then is like around 1.6eur per hour.

I also worked in a 3 star hotel was minimum salary but at the end after discounts was like 480eur per month, I did 1 extra free hour every day and had to waste around 200 EUR of diesel for my Peugeot 206 1.4 hdi, so I had to give up has half was to pay just fuel.

As a mailman I won better 500eur+ but was only for 3 months to do someone's holidays and I lost so many days to have all the papers, had to get criminal registration, high school papers, go to a clinic to make tests like drug test.... So many crap for just 3 months...

Last edited by guily6669,

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I would love to get a Nvidia shield controller for my Nvidia Shield tablet and a Switch Pro controller for my Switch, but mehh will probably never waste money on them as I already have lots of controllers from other consoles.
I'm on my phone again but I think you had the Sweden flag I didn't look closely or anything but that really sucks expensive things and not much money with everything expensive I thought you would be making more money.
I will say don't get the nvidia controller it sucks and you can use basically any Bluetooth controller for any Android device both the DS4 and the Bluetooth Xbox controller work for nvidia shield.

Absintu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's the same, but it's from the unemployment center... I did a 1 year contract doing everything including hard job making new pavements lifting 50KG of cement all day long to receive 373 EUR per month, 6 hours per day + around 4 EUR per day for food, but that's out of the actual 373 EUR salary...

At then is like around 1.6eur per hour.

I also worked in a 3 star hotel was minimum salary but at the end after discounts was like 480eur per month, I did 1 extra free hour every day and had to waste around 200 EUR of diesel for my Peugeot 206 1.4 hdi, so I had to give up has half was to pay just fuel.

As a mailman I won better 500eur+ but was only for 3 months to do someone's holidays and I lost so many days to have all the papers, had to get criminal registration, high school papers, go to a clinic to make tests like drug test.... So many crap for just 3 months...
Hope things get better for you, really do. If u ever come to the continent, and if u can do tech job (minimal) i will try to help u.
good luck mate

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the DS4 requires either root or a different Bluetooth manager or it lags, also it's battery is a joke.

The Xone controller I don't have the Bluetooth one and the wireless receiver doesn't work, but the X360 wireless dongle does work, but I hate having to carry Shield+OTG cable+gamepad+wireless receiver...

Other problem is this tablet battery drains like NUTS I hate having Bluetooth ON while I usually have wireless always ON which Nvidia Shield controller can connect without Bluetooth only need WiFi...

Also if they could hack the Xone Bluetooth FW to tork on Switch natively, I would rather sell my current Xone controller which is still like new and get the new one which also I might get 4 like 40eur in promotions rather than NS pro controller for 70eur and promotion on Nintendo side we need to pray here...

I did get my Switch for 80eur less in a promotion but the rest keep expensive.

I ordered from eBay 1 carrying cool bag + glass screen protector + joystick rubber caps + full switch and joycons silicon protection all for 10eur.

A single Nintendo switch carrying bag here is more expensive than all the items I bought from eBay.

Also even on eBay Switch stuff is still expensive, best deals are from US but after getting here customs will ask a big price for them and ends up being better to buy here.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Funny is that you earn the same wage as most people in Belgium and everything is even more expensive here. Highest taxes in the world and most expensive electricity in the world and people still can own nice shit here and own a lot so don't get why ur complaining when you have it even better then an average person in Belgium. Electricity is more here, cigarettes are like 7-8 Euro here. Coca cola is more here. Internet provider sell packs here that cost over a 100 euro, sugar tax is a thing in every European country to combat people turning fat just like in Japan you have fat tax. 2 liters of juice is like 3 to 4 euro. Life seems double as expensive here so no reason to complain. I find life quite comfortable compared to the rest of the world so no complaining here

Last edited by kumikochan,

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Funny is that you earn the same wage as most people in Belgium and everything is even more expensive here. Highest taxes in the world and most expensive electricity in the world and people still can own nice shit here and own a lot so don't get why ur complaining when you have it even better then an average person in Belgium. Electricity is more here, cigarettes are like 7-8 Euro here. Coca cola is more here. Internet provider sell packs here that cost over a 100 euro, sugar tax is a thing in every European country to combat people turning fat just like in Japan you have fat tax. 2 liters of juice is like 3 to 4 euro. Life seems double as expensive here so no reason to complain. I find life quite comfortable compared to the rest of the world so no complaining here

Wait what?
The minimum wage in Belgium is 373 euro per month?
I'm starting to smell bs to win an argument..

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I am not shocked, it is standard nowadays.
As someone else said, the Xbox One S controller also has an amazing battery life (on 2 AA batteries).
What is shocking is how shitty the Sony DS4 battery life is.

PS: Also, I miss the Xbox One S D-PAD when I play on the Switch, it is just better.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sugar tastes like shit and it's just for kids anyway. /s

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp