Gaming I'm an old man - no time to search - help with burning XGD3 discs

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for sticking with me @jimmyemunoz.... So yeah... Two burns...two coasters. So I relfashed the drive. My understanding is that if I did it correctly: A) I would not get the truncate/overburn option (which I don't), and B) imgBurn would say that the free space on my disk is 8,738,897,920 bytes (which it is)... I'm going to try one more burn see if it works after flashing again.

If the drive is flashed correctly then it wont give you the truncate option, or atleast mine doesn't.

Yeah... Exactly... jimmyemunoz was saying that I should reflash in case that was the problem. So I did. I'm not getting the trancate popup still, but am getting 'Disc Not Supported' on load for all three burns. Really pissing me off, too. Can't figure out what the problem is.
As far as I can see, BurnerMax is properly flashed, I am following the settings (I have the layer break set to 'calculate optimal', etc.) am using Verbatims at 2.4x..... Frustrating...

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you verify the image is ok with AGBX? You should have a .DVD and .ISO of the game. Run image burn from the .ISO.

Also Verbatim is not necessary. I have loads of XDG3 burnt to Ricoh (AOne) media. Not a single read error on any of them. See this tut if interested http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__4052383

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you verify the image is ok with AGBX? You should have a .DVD and .ISO of the game. Run image burn from the .ISO.

Also Verbatim is not necessary. I have loads of XDG3 burnt to Ricoh (AOne) media. Not a single read error on any of them. See this tut if interested http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__4052383
I'm a little confused now... I do have a .dvd and a .iso...... However, I have always read that you are to run form the .dvd? What the hell?

And I just always use Verbatim (or Taiyo) for burning anything...

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should load the .dvd yes.

Always did it and still do it with XGD3, never gotten a coaster.
Sorry I screwed that up. I mean't the .DVD.

They say Men can't multitask. I'm only watching telly, talking to the Missus, drinking red wine and typing at the same time. What could possibly og wrong.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The fact that you spelled go wrong ;'D

All silliness aside, OP should try and reinstall imgburn.
Then copy all the settings from the burning tutorials and try it a DVD after he rebooted his PC.

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The fact that you spelled go wrong ;'D

All silliness aside, OP should try and reinstall imgburn.
Then copy all the settings from the burning tutorials and try it a DVD after he rebooted his PC.
Well....... I will try to re install imgBurn, but it's gonna be a couple of days til I can try it out.... Those were my last 3 dual layers, and I have to wait until the new ones come from Amazon..
Thanks to you all, and will keep you in the loop if there are any more problems.

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually - I've been thinking a bit more on this....... What is this topology business I keep reading about? Is that my issue? I have my box upgraded to the lates IExtreme 3 - is that why I am having issues? Do I need to 'inject topology'? if so, how the heck do I do this?

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I will. And might I say: you sir, kick ass. Thanks for all of your help in figuring this out!

EDIT: ha ha! I just took a quick glance at your profile, and noticed you were born in 92. I though, "What a nice kid to help me out." Then I realized that was 20 years ago. Ouch. Thanks again.

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
ABGX360 will scan all your ISOs and if there are any problems AKA missing data / bad topology data / bad stealth anything, it will let you know.

Always run your ISO's through ABGX360.

Check http://abgx.net for what iso's to get.
Check http://c4evaspeaks.com for the latest news on your drive/fw and other programs.
Check http://xbox-scene.com for some scene news.
Check http://team-xecuter.com for tutorials and guides.

Using those sites you have the tools to do this.
iHAS drive to burn the ISO's after scanning with ABGX360.
Also make sure you have the latest firmware for your drive (most likely needs to be LT+ 3.0).

NOTE: I didn't read any of the posts in this thread, I am just responding in general. If you require more assistance I suggest going on IRC Efnet and joining one of the many channels that can assist you, #fw, #c4e, #alt.binaries.games.xbox360, or #JungleFlasher.

mrwienerdog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Vinnymac - thanks! Some of the stuff you went over had been mentioned before, but not all. All of that info along with the links is primo. Thanks again!

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
mrwienerdog are you still getting the "This disc is not supported" message when you try to run the game ? I'm getting this with Sonic Generations having followed all the other advice in this thread re agbx etc with burns that verify 100% in IMGBURN and are great quality according to KProbe. I'm about ready to throw the whole frikken thing out the window.....

Have you found out what the "not supported" issue is ? Help out a fellow old timer please.......

[EDIT] Just tried a burn of MW3 - same thing. Everything checks out until the Xbox tries to load the game...... Hmmmm......

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrwienerdog are you still getting the "This disc is not supported" message when you try to run the game ? I'm getting this with Sonic Generations having followed all the other advice in this thread re agbx etc with burns that verify 100% in IMGBURN and are great quality according to KProbe. I'm about ready to throw the whole frikken thing out the window.....

Have you found out what the "not supported" issue is ? Help out a fellow old timer please.......

[EDIT] Just tried a burn of MW3 - same thing. Everything checks out until the Xbox tries to load the game...... Hmmmm......

Place the failing burned DVD in your IHAS. Open AGBX and change the input to DVD. Then go to options and make sure "check game partition CRC" is checked.

Let us know the results.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country

Place the failing burned DVD in your IHAS. Open AGBX and change the input to DVD. Then go to options and make sure "check game partition CRC" is checked.

Let us know the results.
Thanks for getting back to me :)
Yeah I've been checking the burnt dvds in both AGBX, IMGBurn and Kprobe - no problems there...... been driving me batty.

FIXED MY PROBLEM : TITLE UPDATES ! FRIKKING TITLE UPDATES ! MANUALLY INSTALLED THEM AND WHAM! BOTH GAMES WORKING !!!!
(Sorry for caps - combination of anger and joy!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3