Hacking I'm not sure whether can it work on my DSi

EvangelionEX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
So, my parents are at Hong Kong now and I wanted to ask them to buy Acekard 2i for me. Whether if they are selling is another problem but that's not urgent.

I was wondering if it could work on my DSi 1.41U.

Another sticky thread stated

QUOTE said:
In order for the Acekard 2i to work on a DSi or DSi XL with FirmWare version 1.4/ 1.4.1, you need to update the Acekard's internal firmware. This can only be done using a DS Phat/ DS Lite or a DSi with FirmWare version =< 1.3. All new DSi's or DSi XL's will come with FW1.4 preinstalled, so if you don't have access to a DS Phat/ DS Lite or a DSi with FirmWare =< 1.3 you *must* purchase your Acekard 2i from a retailer such as ShopTemp who will preupdate the Acekard so it's compatible with FW1.4 as part of their Premium Update + Flashing Service. Even if you intend to use your AK2i with a DS Lite, you should still update the firmware incase your DSL breaks and you later replace it with a DSi or DSi XL. Likewise it's also a good idea even if your DSi has FW 1.3 and you intend to keep it that way, someone else may update the DSi's firmware for you without knowing.

I don't understand the bolded part. Is it that if I buy the Acekard 2i I can't get it to work or something? Please reply ASAP

Thanks in advance,
EvangelionEX

Frogman

This could be you!
Trophies
Website
www.frogmanreviews.com
XP
Country
Okay so what is basically translates to is,
Nintendo releases updates right and those updates give your dsi new features (sometimes) and increse the anti-piracy security(stops flashcarts from working) the newest update is 1.4.1 which is what your ds is updated to.
BUT
your acekard can still work it just needs to be updated, it can only be updated though with a dsi that isnt on 1.4.1 otherwise the anti piracy security blocks the card from working, or a dslite or dsphat.

All you need to do it find one of these

Trollology

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If your DSi is over firmware 1.3, you will need to update the card so that it can work.
But to update the card, you need to have a DS lite, DS phat, or DSi that is on FW 1.3 or lower.
If you don't have one of these, borrow a friend's. If none of your friends have it, shoptemp is your only choice.
The reason you need a DS that is not a DSi>1.3 is because you need a device that can run it in order to update it.
There's a stickied guide somewhere on here, and it's very clear. You should be able to easily understand it.
If not, PM me or bump this topic
wink.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
no, because some shops will flash the card for you (for a fee). you should contact your reseller and ask if they will update it for the dsi. if they won't then, yes, you will need to borrow a ds lite or ds phat to flash your card. flashing takes about 30 seconds and is really easy. so if you can borrow one it will only need to be for about a minute.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3