Hardware Im really disapointed with their wii atitude

s1r1u5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok guys... Lets face it ...
Nintendo isn't being so nice for us early adopters of their machine by "simply not taking any official position or statement about whats really happening and the extension of this problem.
All i Know by now as an early adoter is:
1- when in stanby it overheats... Wasnt really the machine made for being always on stanby as they say?

2-There are a lot of consoles that have graphical failures (appearing strange stuff on screen) and damaged graphics cards (overheating issues they say)and their response is something like were aware of that and full stop (no more on that, just give it back in the warranty terms but shhh... speak no more please...)

3- Every time i play somethin on it (it has become some horrible experience were i come to think (do i already have the graphical problem? is still my system ok. ?Any strange dots? Do they show more in this particular game or in that one?
i have to not forget to REALLY TURN OFF at the end, and stuff.

4-I have also already ordered some (clunky and noisy fan for shore for my wii but... will it really help? should i be spending more money on a system that promised me the heaven on a box???

5- Horizontal or vertical???

Is this the way it should be???
Do we early adopters who pay more for the hardware deserve it?
these are my 2 cents ...
Please give me yours and if you now more about what they are hiding or stating i apreciate it...
unsure.gif

s1r1u5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok the game07 i know that part...
unsure.gif

not yet but if they all have consoles like this until when will everything be ok? im not asking for support but for your oppinion (i mean what are your general thoughts on this situation?)

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
So far, you're the only person I know with an overheating Wii. Take it back right now instead of posting here, where WE cannot do a damn thing to help you...

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Welcome to the world of being an early adopter.
New hardware usually has some troubles and as the technology gets more advanced the chances of something going wrong increase.
Rushing out a product to meet a launch or to challenge a competitor sometimes means less time in QA.
Microsoft still claim that a low percentage of launch systems have failed, even though reports on the Internet show otherwise.

I can't commnent of orientation of the console as mine hasn't arrived yet, but I would go with verticle since all the promotions show it in that position.

s1r1u5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hitto i didnt said in any word that my wii overheats and as stated before i dont want support ...
Im just one more wii early adopter the is concerned with what other users have experienced and i hate that funny atitude that goes like (its your problem not mine)
Question is i dont have now a problem and a lot of us dont but based on what im reading in other places wii do overheat and do have graphical problems so if they have a problem i also have one because i have thi community feeling that some user in forums dont... strange isnt it?

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dont trust everything its on the internet. most posts will be sony or microsoft fan boys saying they have a wii and its broke so the console looks bad. thats what happend to the xbox 360 ( it did have a problem but people where posting on the internet even when they did not have the problem)

s1r1u5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oh by the way mine is always vertical but i never left it on stand by mode (cause im afraid it could damage my graphics with the heat it might generate...
Shouldnt they state a bit more on whats hapening ?

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i dont think they would annouce anything if it had problems because it would put people off buying it. also think about all the money they would lose with recalls. also personally i think 360 and ps3 owners have more to worry about with thier consoles :-p

s1r1u5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you went to youtube and made a search for wii problem??? did you already saw those videos with black dots apearing everywere? or saw some pictures of it in other wii forums?
unsure.gif

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have seen the youtube videos but not the forums stuff:-p. thats might be a small affected group whos wiis are breaking. loads of the youtube videos are fakes or people its broke thier systems in purpose :-p

s1r1u5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok thegame but i dont believe that stupid fanboysm goes that far...
or is it because of that i only have you discussing this?
does everyone here think that im having a hostile position against nintendo? and that i really dont feel reallydisapointed?

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My Wii had developed graphical problems and was regularly quite warm.
I've sent it back and should receive a replacement this week.

Now was my graphics problem because I had a overheating console? I have no idea.
It was warm every time I touched it but that doesn't mean anything unless it is TOO warm. I don't know what temperature the Wii is safe to be at.

So when people complain about the Wii overheating I'm not sure if they think so because it is warm or it is having problems? Mine had both and I cannot say it was overheating.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no i did not say you where a fanboy lol
biggrin.gif
also im not sticking up for nintendo wii because i would rather have a xbox 360
biggrin.gif
if your wii is playing fine and not having any problems. dont worry about it m8 but if you get what the above poster gets send it back. even if the warrenty is up and nintendo relise they are at fault they will replace it like microsoft did .

s1r1u5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
now shtonkalot did you had always that graphical problems or only after some regular use? Did those problems apear in every game or menu? or only after some playing? (i barely use mine now, no time, no fun) were you a standby mode user??
Did nintendo told you something about it or not?

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
now shtonkalot did you had always that graphical problems or only after some regular use? Did those problems apear in every game or menu? or only after some playing? (i barely use mine now, no time, no fun) were you a standby mode user??
Did nintendo told you something about it or not?
I did not originally experience any graphical problems with my Wii. I had used it for weeks only playing Wii Sports and Wii Play as I had no other games for it. The problem really started to show shortly after I got my copy of Zelda. The 'dots' started to appear frequently in Zelda when there were fogging effects on screen. After a few days the 'dots' were showing in other parts of Zelda and there were more of them.
Then they started showing in the menu and in Wii Sports.

Here are some pics I took just before I sent my Wii into Nintendo:-
Wii Channels Menu
Wii Sports Load Screen and Tennis
Zelda examples, 1 and 2

I have always had my Wii on "Wii Connect 24" or standby mode.

Nintendo Australia told me nothing other than they have found that my stated problem existed and that they are sending me a new Wii console.

**edit**
I should point out that I have coloured dots and not black dots because I am using a component cable. With the composite cable I get black dots.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hitto i didnt said in any word that my wii overheats and as stated before i dont want support ...
Im just one more wii early adopter the is concerned with what other users have experienced and i hate that funny atitude that goes like (its your problem not mine)
Question is i dont have now a problem and a lot of us dont but based on what im reading in other places wii do overheat and do have graphical problems so if they have a problem i also have one because i have thi community feeling that some user in forums dont... strange isnt it?

You know, if you really need to place yourself on some sort of moral high ground, you don't need to type so many words. "Let the buyer beware", ever heard of that?
Show me one consumer-oriented piece of hardware that didn't have problems at launch. One. When I was in line to get my Wii on launch day, I knew I would probably have problems with it, but I was willing to take a chance because I am a consumer whore, like anyone who buys a product on launch day. To me, new Zelda > waiting until next bugfixed batch.

Now I don't feel like starting a flame war or anything, but people complaining about borked launch-day products is a phenomenon that has always happened, will always happen, but it's getting fucking old. Imagine posting a complaint in the lines of : "Hey, when it rains, things get wet! What's up with that?"

End result, I didn't have any problems, if I had, I would have phoned the warranty service instead of playing attention whore and broadcasting every detail of my life on every forum I go to. I prefer to do charity work with homeless people than try and look good on the internet by pretending to care for people who own the same TOY as I do. Ever considered doing something useful with all that compassion of yours? There may be hungry people in YOUR city right now who don't give a rat's arse about the Wii, 360, or PS3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yep, something like that.