OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pineight.com
XP
Country
United States
Back in 2019, I ported GSM Player to build under more recent devkitARM. It's on my GitHub account. (I hesitate to link it lest I look like I'm selling something, as I haven't posted here in a long time.)

Does anybody still use GSM Player? If so, what features would you like to see? Easier ways to make a compilation ROM under whatever computer operating system? Different sort of display while the ROM is running?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is some very limited DLDI functionality for the GBA. That would put it above your competition, though DLDI on the GBA is really not up to much for a lot of things.

Beyond that it would probably depend what you are aiming for. Music player or audiobook player, and what you look towards there; bookmarks, turn off and restore automatically (shove a timecode in SRAM every few seconds sort of thing, though constant write it not without its troubles in some flash carts as they have a delayed write to SD card) is not much use for a music player but rather more useful for audiobooks, podcasts and the like. Music player would probably benefit from album, random and whatever else for that if for some reason someone wants to use a GBA for it.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Isn it a music player? Hell i would use it for sure, i know it's not as necessary nowadays since smartphones are a thing, but using it to play music on my Gamecube would be beyond nice.

Peeteris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for reviving old topic.

Are there any updates for GSM Player?

I had EZ Flash IV many years ago and GSM Player worked flawlessly with that card.

Now I made a playlist with this player, but when I try to open gsm.gba with SuperCard or GBARunner2/GBARunner3, it shows corrupted Nintendo logo and freezes. Works in mGBA emu, though.

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Totally Nutz :rofl2: +1