OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
[In Regards to the Final Fantasy XIII-2 Hype Page.]

Yeah, sorry about that whole final fantasy flame war thing. I was just in one of my moods and seeing the forum post was just the tip of the ice burg. In my ramblings I had no intention of "trolling" it just sorta came out that way due to my short, short fuse. I'm generally an agreeable person its just usually 9 times out of 10 when I do post it's when I'm in a bad mood and see something on the forum I don't like and let loose the dogs of war so to speak. But I don't try to, it's just hard to supress that feeling of rage when something you once loved so dear turning into a big pile of crap in front of your eyes. I mean, pretty crap, but crap none the less. My brain cannot comprehend certain things like why it's still so accepted even though it's clearly obviously garbage. Then my fingers go autopilot and my brain shuts off and all I'm after is blood at that point. So to whomever got in that cross fire I do Apologize for it. Shit was said That I didn't even mean to say I was just trying to get a rise from people. I really should be above this sort of behavior, One of the moderators (not naming names) spoke to me on irc to calm me down. I guess I was in deeper possible hot water then I realized. That's what really made me step back at the situation and see what I was doing. Just making myself look stupid and ignorant, and really I don't think anyone wants that for themselves if they have any kind of self respect. Actually I didn't even realize it was a big deal until said moderator stepped up and told me, I was blissfully unaware it was what you call a "flame war". I hear the term but don't really take thought into it's meaning. Thank Him he did cause honestly, I don't even realize I'm actually offending people even if I'm trying some times I don't realize that it might actually work. I wish I had a program on my computer that would slap me for going too far. Oh yeah that's what my girlfriend is for. ha ha.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Why post if you know you are going to piss people off? Step out of the room and take ten deep breathes. Then post when you calm so you do not incite a flame war. Problem Solved.

UnoAphex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I did cover that, it's hard to control just "not doing it" sometimes doesn't work. cause by the time I realize I shouldn't do it i've already done it. not that I'm arguing your logic cause it's very sound indeed. but it's sometimes hard to stop and take those deep breaths and just walk away for a moment and collect my thoughts. cause when this happens I can see nothing but the future of what things are to come and it just progressively gets me more infuriated it's as if my brain shuts off and all my anger and hate come out, something that's well.. I guess i can't speak for my passed it's a long story but i have a lot of anger and deep inside of my subconsciousness I'm beginning to realize i'm trying to do it all on purpose but conscientiously I don't realize it. or have not until recently. Have you lived a life of hate personally? once you have it's hard to forget it all, hard to know how to just let it go when it's all you know. maybe I'm talking outa my ass I don't know but I'm trying.
Thanks for the honest reply though. It's at least something.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like you have a lot on your mind. I hope you find someone that you can talk to and work out your frustrations with. Taking out your anger on the forum is just going to make the forum hate you even more. Fight the hate, don't spread it.
smile.gif

UnoAphex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My problem mostly is with games series i used to enjoy so much as a kid are now just being shilled out to the public wrapped in a pretty bow without any real content or imagination. I use to think as a kid what would happen to the gaming industry once 3d design became popular and for a time it was good because PSX in my opinion had some of the most amazing games. Then came along the n64 and the playstation 2 and games still had not really lost too much content however when Xbox emerged with Halo. This in my opinion was the downfall of mainstream gaming. This is about the time video games became more about the commercials then the games themselves. Like when you watch a movie trailer you notice the really terrible movies the only good scenes are the ones found in the trailer. I used to play final fantasy as a kid, it was a great game because of the strategy involved. I didn't need pretty colors or graphics, just a good set of rules to follow a decent story to keep me captivated and challenges to keep me on my toes. But As the series progressed it got easier, and easier, stories became less compelling and maps became linear and more Point A to B scenarios. I mean, It's nice to see the battle engine shaping up but there is too much of this linear crap. Also with these terrible american voice actors, uninteresting protagonists and lousy plot devices. I like graphics and gameplay as much as the next guy but come on. I really don't see why they needed to basically take out the free roaming aspect of the game. is it really that hard to go a little old school and make an overworld map to run around on? or is this just too much to ask for? Maybe I like random battles, I always loved the overworld map concept. it has not been used in games for a long time as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong) plus all the music has gotten kinda, poppy? Plus doesn't fantasy imply swords and magic spells? Not guns and high tech war? Doesn't that seem more like a sci-fi to anyone?

UnoAphex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i mean isn't the whole reason for giving a title to a game it's like, giving something a set of core values. sure things will change every new edition but the core values and principles should remain the same. that's how games like these collect a fan base to begin with, some form of consistancy. I mean what would grand theft auto fans think if they made grand theft auto in space? they'd probably molotov rockstar games for being so stupid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Are there any admins? I accidentally entered my birthday in wrong.