Hardware Inconsistent Battery Life

servant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh nah I've read the whole tread before but forgot the point and read this guys comment as if it was an insult to Supercards
and yeah I do the same thing when I go to school

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
oh nah I've read the whole tread before but forgot the point and read this guys comment as if it was an insult to Supercards
and yeah I do the same thing when I go to school
Oh ok. I love my Supercard. I just definitely won't be leaving it in my 3DS when I'm not using it from now on. Lol

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I typically left mine in (I barely use my 3DS anymore) but if it's of concern to you, just pick up a cartridge case (or don't, not having one has yet to damage a cart for me) and keep your supercard in it while you're not using it. Then you win both ways! Moar battery and moar games!

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I typically left mine in (I barely use my 3DS anymore) but if it's of concern to you, just pick up a cartridge case (or don't, not having one has yet to damage a cart for me) and keep your supercard in it while you're not using it. Then you win both ways! Moar battery and moar games!
Haha, that's precisely what I've been doing. I picked up a triple-set of cart cases from Wal-Mart (each one capable of holding 8 DS or 3DS carts) for $10, and each case is less than half the size of a typical 3DS stock case. Most worthwhile purchase I've made next to the Supercard itself, imo.

Reactions: 1 person

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i always leave the 3ds in sleep mode, i lower the volume to the lowest and turn the 3d or wifi off. It saves more battery that way. You can also lower the brightness but Im too lazy to do that everytime I put it in sleep mode. Sometimes, I put my 3ds charging while in sleep mode if I'm in my house. Most importantly, I ALWAYS charge my 3DS with the adapter, and never with the craddle. I noticed that the craddle does a poor job on charging your 3ds, and sometimes it will stop charging the 3ds randomly.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i always leave the 3ds in sleep mode, i lower the volume to the lowest and turn the 3d or wifi off. It saves more battery that way. You can also lower the brightness but Im too lazy to do that everytime I put it in sleep mode. Sometimes, I put my 3ds charging while in sleep mode if I'm in my house. Most importantly, I ALWAYS charge my 3DS with the adapter, and never with the craddle. I noticed that the craddle does a poor job on charging your 3ds, and sometimes it will stop charging the 3ds randomly.

lowering the volume in sleep mode does not save battery.
turning off 3d in sleep mode does not save battery.
turning off wifi wireless in sleepmode saves battery, but prevents streetpass tags, which is what this topic is about.
lowering the screen brightness does not save battery in sleep mode.
charging ith the cradle charges the 3ds exactly the same way as with the charger. If you're not getting a good charge, the contacts on your system or cradle are dirty or damaged.

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I have never compare the battery life in sleep mode when the 3d, brightness, or 3d are set to low or off. I'm used to doing all those things when I put my 3DS in sleep mode. I always think that leaving all those things on, will make the system hotter, thus draining more battery power.

TripleSMoon

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I have never compare the battery life in sleep mode when the 3d, brightness, or 3d are set to low or off. I'm used to doing all those things when I put my 3DS in sleep mode. I always think that leaving all those things on, will make the system hotter, thus draining more battery power.
I always keep my brightness at 3/5, with powersave mode on, even when I'm using it.

But either way, none of the things you listed (except for wireless, which runs in sleep mode for streetpass) affect the 3DS battery life at all in sleep mode. The screen brightness, power save mode, 3D, and volume can't possibly affect battery life in sleep mode because both the speaker and screen are turned off in sleep mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Hi