Hacking Initializing USB Device Problem.

racertj5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for posting this again but I thought it might be better served here since it's a vwii problem...
I'm using USB Loader Gx on vwii and almost every time I try to launch it it freezes on initializing USB device. I've tried reformatting my Seagate Expansion drive, plugging one end of the y cable into the wall and changing the loader ios to 249 250 and 251. I've also tried toggling u stealth on and off. I've launched from the hbc and from a forwarder on vwii. More often than not it freezes but sometimes it'll work. Any ideas?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
set IOS to 58, like explained in ALL the existing "USBLoaderGX USB initializing problem" threads (maybe few times per forum's page).

Please, use search engine, or just don't search, READ the existing (latest! not 200) thread's titles, the answer is maybe there. maybe someone else has the same problem (yes, EVERYBODY have the same problem, that's why it's posted like 5 time every days)
Sorry to sound mean, but I'm answering THAT particular question 5 times a day.

Last edited by Cyan,

racertj5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
set IOS to 58, like explained in ALL the existing "USBLoaderGX USB initializing problem" threads (maybe few times per forum's page).

Please, use search engine, or just don't search, READ the existing (latest! not 200) thread's titles, the answer is maybe there. maybe someone else has the same problem (yes, EVERYBODY have the same problem, that's why it's posted like 5 time every days)
Sorry to sound mean, but I'm answering THAT particular question 5 times a day.
I will try that tonight. I tried it last night but it didn't fully load everything. I browse these forums frequently and have seen this solution. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious in a switch from wii to vwii as I copied some things over although I followed the sticky guidelines anyway.
Sidenote: thank you for all you do for this forum

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
try that setting first, that's the most common issue recently.
Settings > Loader's settings > Loader's IOS : 58

some users still have issues, even with 58. but at least, that's the first thing to try if you have a new HDD.
old ones worked fine with cIOS, new one require IOS58. as the loader didn't get an update for a long time, that issue is rising with time.

racertj5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try that setting first, that's the most common issue recently.
Settings > Loader's settings > Loader's IOS : 58

some users still have issues, even with 58. but at least, that's the first thing to try if you have a new HDD.
old ones worked fine with cIOS, new one require IOS58. as the loader didn't get an update for a long time, that issue is rising with time.
Ahh. That's the part I was missing. I did buy a new drive that's usb 3.0 and copied everything from my old wii drive to that. Decided the 500gb drive was enough for wii u games and wanted the bigger drive to be fat 32 for other uses besides just vwii. Excellent

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if your drive is big, you could have issues if you use GPT partition type.
if you can, use MBR type.

there are still some bugs with GPT and USBLoaderGX, if you have more than one partition. (or just make a single partition)

mingmong24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hate having this problem too, do u think this problem will ever be resolved fully? I have resorted to using wiiflow lite as it's fully working for me with all 3 systems, Gamecube, Wii and WiiU. But usbloadergx is much better visually :(

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wiiflow is using IOS58 as default IOS, instead of cIOS. That's why I'm telling users to just set the loader to use that IOS too !
if setting IOS to 58 is fixing the problem, then there's nothing really needed to "resolve fully", except just doing that.

if setting IOS to 58 is NOT fixing the problem, then wiiflow probably does something else to init the drive. no idea what.

mingmong24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Setting it to ios58 gets it past initializing USB. It's just I then have to go in settings and click on the hard drive for it to be selected before it shows my games. I forget the exact setting as I aint at my wiiu at the min

racertj5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Setting it to ios58 gets it past initializing USB. It's just I then have to go in settings and click on the hard drive for it to be selected before it shows my games. I forget the exact setting as I aint at my wiiu at the min
Have you tried switching the port? I know figuring out the y cable took me a minute to select the right USB port option

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!