Homebrew Injecting sav file into legit ds/3ds cartridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jotunheim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just tested and my copy of Pokémon HeartGold saved as a .sav on Checkpoint 3.7.4, so I'm not sure what your issue is
Dionicio3, you can try to save a save (lol) from a 3DS cartridge, it will be save as .bin.

As I said, I'm not with a DS cartridge right now, so I can't test it. If the save from a DS cartridge is save as .sav will be easier to solve my issue.

Plus, my last post has a edit that I made in the exactly moment that you replied me, I don't know if you saw.

• Wow
Reactions: SylverReZ

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Dionicio3, you can try to save a save (lol) from a 3DS cartridge, it will be save as .bin.

As I said, I'm not with a DS cartridge right now, so I can't test it. If the save from a DS cartridge is save as .sav will be easier to solve my issue.

Plus, my last post has a edit that I made in the exactly moment that you replied me, I don't know if you saw.
3DS games don't use .sav lol, they actually have a file structure, the particular game you have probably just has a .bin as it's only file. Please don't necro posts of already answered questions due to your own inability to look at homebrew docs to figure this out

Reactions: Kwyjor

Jotunheim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
3DS games don't use .sav lol, they actually have a file structure, the particular game you have probably just has a .bin as it's only file. Please don't necro posts of already answered questions due to your own inability to look at homebrew docs to figure this out
If you launch the GodMode9 at the boot and select the 3DS cartrige docked at the moment, you will see a .sav file there, but when the Checkpoint exports the save it comes as .bin. I need to inject a new .sav file inside the 3DS cartridge, overwriting the old one.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you launch the GodMode9 at the boot and select the 3DS cartrige docked at the moment, you will see a .sav file there, but when the Checkpoint exports the save it comes as .bin.
Godmode9 can only dump the raw encrypted cartridge save data. This is generally entirely useless and no one should ever have to do this.

Checkpoint decrypts and extracts the save data and the result will be entirely different depending on the game - sometimes it's a .bin file, sometimes it's a bunch of separate files with different extensions.

I need to inject a new .sav file inside the 3DS cartridge, overwriting the old one.
Isn't this thread about DS cartridges? Those are completely different.

I'm not with a DS cartridge right now, so I can't test it.
Maybe you should quit posting about things you know nothing about until you can test them?

Reactions: Dionicio3

Jotunheim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Godmode9 can only dump the raw encrypted cartridge save data. This is generally entirely useless and no one should ever have to do this.

Checkpoint decrypts and extracts the save data and the result will be entirely different depending on the game - sometimes it's a .bin file, sometimes it's a bunch of separate files with different extensions.

Isn't this thread about DS cartridges? Those are completely different.

Maybe you should quit posting about things you know nothing about until you can test them?
If you guys want to take me as a punching bag, please at least do this right. Yes, I can be a newbie in this forum but this don't gives you right to treat me like that. Come on, I know how forums works, you can relax, I will be a nice member.

Again: everything you said was malicious, and you don't want to talk honestly about the issue. Please, @Kwyjor, see the damn topic title, there you will be able to read clearly "ds/3ds cartridge", then yes, this thread is about both.
Post automatically merged:

Have you ever heard about previous searching or preparation? Yes, that is what I'm doing now. I'm sure you also do this, every human being do, cause planing is an ability that makes we different from animals, education too.

Last edited by Jotunheim,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you guys want to take me as a punching bag, please at least do this right. Yes, I can be a newbie in this forum but this don't gives you right to treat me like that. Come on, I know how forums works, you can relax, I will be a nice member.

Again: everything you said was malicious, and you don't want to talk honestly about the issue. Please, @Kwyjor, see the damn topic title, there you will be able to read clearly "ds/3ds cartridge", then yes, this thread is about both.
Post automatically merged:

Have you ever heard about previous searching or preparation? Yes, that is what I'm doing now. I'm sure you also do this, every human being do, cause planing is an ability that makes we different from animals, education too.
Im pretty sure you will want to redact that statement about animals education. There are several species out there that teach imperative survival information to young. They learn from them to survive themselves aswell as pass that crucial information down to next generations.

Jotunheim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Im pretty sure you will want to redact that statement about animals education. There are several species out there that teach imperative survival information to young. They learn from them to survive themselves aswell as pass that crucial information down to next generations.
That's not real education, is a type of protoeducation or education latu sensu, in other words: culture. Biologically speaking, it's only behavior.

In the college, it's commonly considered that the education as we know in our society is a strictu sensu education, specific to the man, systematized and planned, starting only after the creation of writing.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Don't necrobump, just open up a new thread.
To the people that necrobumped responding to a necrobumper, you know better... report and ignore.
Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2::tpi: