dajavax

OP
Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok, I don't know how much would this be possible. Change inputs from within the filesystem of the game iso. This would help to make for example, Rock Band compatible with Guitar Hero instruments (or at least guitar)... I know it was possible in the NDS because they managed to make the buttons of the NDS work as the guitar strip and I would assume it can be possible for Wii games too. Anyone think this can be possible?

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that I think many people don't know where to start hacking a Wii game for this feature.

On the DS, someone can modify the ROM, load it in an emulator, and then see what happens. For Wii game, you have to make a modification, burn the disc, and then see the results- a much slower and more painstaking procedure.

dajavax

OP
Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
i guess i'll do that... i wanted to be able to use the drums and stuff but oh well... they are still expensive for what it is xD... it was just i didn't liked the idea of having two guitars

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rock Band 2 will is supposed to work with the GH3 Guitar, and all the RB1 instruments.

With that said, I believe RB2 for the Wii will be better than GHWT for the Wii.

whitegoose

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dajavax said:
i guess i'll do that... i wanted to be able to use the drums and stuff but oh well... they are still expensive for what it is xD... it was just i didn't liked the idea of having two guitars

i bought one at walmart that supports both games. it has a little dipswitch on the side of it that allows you to select either rockband or guitar hero 3. to run for GH3, you need to insert the wiimote in the back of it, for rockband you need to put in 6(i think) AA batteries.

i cant remember for the life of me who makes it now...

*Edit*

found it!

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...mp;catid=26891#

the guitar evolution by icon.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Rykin said:
The problem is that I think many people don't know where to start hacking a Wii game for this feature.

On the DS, someone can modify the ROM, load it in an emulator, and then see what happens. For Wii game, you have to make a modification, burn the disc, and then see the results- a much slower and more painstaking procedure.

Actually you can use gecko os for that I guess... It will load patches to the program from the sd card... for better one need a usbgecko to find the patches...

dajavax

OP
Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
whitegoose said:
dajavax said:

i bought one at walmart that supports both games. it has a little dipswitch on the side of it that allows you to select either rockband or guitar hero 3. to run for GH3, you need to insert the wiimote in the back of it, for rockband you need to put in 6(i think) AA batteries.

i cant remember for the life of me who makes it now...

*Edit*

found it!

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...mp;catid=26891#

the guitar evolution by icon.
ohh that seems to be awesome... i had just decided to buy nyko one for $20 lol... but know i'll have to think a while more xD... or maybe just get GH3, GH:WT, and RB2... as they all seem to be compatible within each other... decisions, decisions...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P