Insomniac Games reveals that they're working on Spider-Man 2 and a Wolverine game

Insomniac Games isn't quite done with Marvel properties just yet. It's a fairly obvious assumption that a sequel to their Spider-Man game was on the way, with the success of the previous two games, so it was no surprise when they revealed Spider-Man 2 during the recent PlayStation Showcase, with Venom set to appear. The game is planned to release sometime in 2023. However, they also had a second announcement to share: they're working on another Marvel game, this time, featuring Wolverine. Both titles will be exclusive to PlayStation 5 consoles.

Marvel’s Wolverine is a standalone game being directed by Brian Horton (creative director) and Cameron Christian (game director), who recently led the creative efforts on Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, a game we’re extremely proud of at Insomniac. In the vein of our Spider-Man games, our goal here is to not only respect the DNA of what makes the character so popular, but also look for opportunities to make it feel fresh and truly reflect the Insomniac spirit. Even though Marvel’s Wolverine is very early in development, from what I’ve seen of its emotional narrative and cutting-edge gameplay (see what I did there?), the team is already creating something truly special.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
I really hope Wolverine is amazing, the likelihood of them pulling it off is high so I'm super excited. They're quickly becoming my favourite studio, I can't explain how much I love the Spider-Man games, they nailed almost everything about them.

Moon164

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This looks insane, too bad it won't make it to the PS4 but hopefully I can get a PS5 by then.

At least I can still play God of War and Horizon on my old PS4.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How about they work on resurrecting Resistance Fall of Man. Loved that game.
yeah i would even like a resistance burning skies port since i never owned a vita and i played all resistance games except that one even played the psp one.

they should also bring back killzone but the real killzone, like you are on a full out war, and not like the last one where it was some random guerrilla war-fighting crap.

Reactions: HellGhast

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
yeah i would even like a resistance burning skies port since i never owned a vita and i played all resistance games except that one even played the psp one.

they should also bring back killzone but the real killzone, like you are on a full out war, and not like the last one where it was some random guerrilla war-fighting crap.

Yeah it would be cool for them to re-make the portable games coz many people like me did not own Psp and Ps Vita, so I missed all Resistance, KillZone and GoW titles on portable.

I hear you on the real killzowned where its just all-out war, kinda like KillZone 2, my favorite shooter, epic.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They barely showed anything about the Wolverine game.. Still, if the game gets the "Spider-Man" treatment but with X-Men lore/characters/story and diving deep into Logan's backstory, i'm all in baby!
It's been a long time since we had a decent X-Men game... but now it's promising with Insomniac on the lead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is a pain sometimes
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Now that they decided to add Tiger handheld and fruit machines.... Newer sets are worthless
    Because who doesn't want to emulate Halo LCD by Tiger when the machine needed to emulate it... Could just play Halo....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Batocera has some tiger games
    I don't have them on mine Ken lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Waste of the 128kb they take
    +1
    Tiger handhelds are good for one thing.... Occupying space in a landfill
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They make good burning plastic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Makes me wonder if the Pi5 can play PS2? If there's even a core for it yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pi5 should be able to do ps2
    Try Dragon Quest VIII it ran perfectly on a core 2 Duo I had
    Easiest game to run I found
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps2 emulation is cake compared to 3 years ago
    Hardest is probably Gran Turismo 4
    It's much better now yes but Gran Turismo 4 is still the hardest one to emulate that I have in my collection
    Runs perfectly fine but it's as if I can feel it always on the boarder line of dropping a frame lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I ordered a spin ball couple days ago to add to my arcade cabinet, will be nice for games like golden tee, or bowling
    I always wanted a controller for like Ikari Warriors, Time Soldiers, Heavy Barrel, Forgotten Worlds games like those
    +1
    Not even sure what to call that controller
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    an online friend I've known since 2021 left me :( bc my attitude is "cutty"
    Sylvester Stallone should have played Kyle Reese lol Arnold still as the Terminator
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    TF DOES "CUTTY" EVEN MEAN?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, he is peruvian so it's probably an idiom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought Cutty was a west coast rapper
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I thought Cutty was a west coast rapper