Tutorial  Updated

Install PSP 6.61 Pro-C Infinity Custom Firmware

Downloads Links

Uninstalling Infinity
  1. Download, Extract, Copy: folders, 'OFW' and 'Chronoswitch', to PSP storage.
  2. Boot: Chronoswitch (CHRONOSWITCH folder). X to proceed. X to continue. X to start updater.
  3. Start OFW update (UPDATE folder).

Troubleshooting

"A later version of the system software is already installed. There is no need to update."
  1. Copy version.txt into SEPLUGINS/ folder.
  2. Go to recovery menu. Enable Configuration. Enable version.txt
  3. Copy 6.61 OFW update into PSP storage (PSP/GAME/UPDATE/EBOOT.PBP).
  4. In PSP, install the OFW 6.61 update (not via Chronoswitch).

Before Installation

Downloads Links

Installing Infinity
  1. Update to 6.61. Remove any UMD from the disc drive. Deactivate or remove any plugins (.PRX).
  2. Download, Extract, Copy: folders, 'Infinity' and 'CFW', to PSP storage.
  3. Boot: Infinity 2 (UPDATE folder). X to install Infinity. X to reboot.
  4. Boot: CFW installer (PROUPDATE folder). X to install.
  5. Boot: Infinity 2. Press left. X to choose respective (*)CFW. PS button. X to exit.

Optional: 6.60 plugins on 6.61

Attachments

• 660_plugins_on_661.zip
    1 KB · Views: 2,294
  • PSPident v0.75.zip
    59.6 KB · Views: 3,881
Last edited by zfreeman,

Cyberos

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I followed your tutorial to install the Infinity patch with LCFW ME. It went just fine, the LCFW is permanent but, I can't run any games. Some of them makes the PSP restart, others (like MH 3rd HD or the GBA emulator GPSP) return me to the menu and display an error message : "The game could not be started. (800200D9)"

I have a PSP 3004 4g with datacode 9C.

What should I do ?

Cyberos

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just tried all the drivers I had Inferno, M33 Driver, ME drivers, and some others, nothing works. I'm actually a bit rusty regarding these, the memory stick I use for my current PSP contains the data for my old PSP, it was on LCFW 6.20, I removed the Seplugins folder.

Should I format the memory stick and redo the installation ?

Regarding where I'm running plugins from... I'm not quite sure, I use the VSH menu, yes. I checked in my Seplugins folder, I have a game.txt, but these are plugins I installed for a LCFW 6.20, is it safe to put them on a 6.61 system ? (Also, I'm not sure of what plugins are in the folder)

Last edited by Cyberos,

Cyberos

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I checked in the plugins menu of the Recovery Menu, I don't have any plugins in there.

I also removed the LCFW ME and tried the one you provided in the first post (Promod C2) but, again, no change. This time, when I launched MH3rd, it didn't even played the PSP logo animation, it showed a black screen, then brought me back to the XMB, it even removed the LCFW.

So, right now, I'm clueless. Maybe my memory stick has some conflicting files. (since it contains data from 6.20 LCFW) I'll try to format it.

EDIT : Aaaand no. Not a single change. The only thing I did not try is to uninstall Infinity. No matter what UMD/ISO Driver I will try, the games just won't start.

EDIT 2 : I uninstalled Infinity, games work now. I think I'll leave it as it is now, just the LCFW. I don't want to brick a console I bought yesterday.

Last edited by Cyberos,

ManitoCC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, i have a little question, can we delete any of those folders we create?
Are they needed to be on memory card or we can delete them? (wich one we can delete btw?)

Thanks

zfreeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, i have a little question, can we delete any of those folders we create?
Are they needed to be on memory card or we can delete them? (wich one we can delete btw?)

Thanks
Following the successful installation of the permanent CFW, you can delete/format anything and everything. That's the beauty of it.

Reactions: ManitoCC

ManitoCC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another question now that i succesufully deleted all those unecessary folders from my memory card.

I have a Psp Street E1000 on 6.60, can i perform this tutorial??

Thanks.

zfreeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another question now that i succesufully deleted all those unecessary folders from my memory card.

I have a Psp Street E1000 on 6.60, can i perform this tutorial??

Thanks.
No. It's not able to run 6.31 which is what Infinity is based off. It will brick permanently.

Reactions: ManitoCC

Renny_Clarkson

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I followed the tutorial by Tech James on Youtube. Worked fine, but towards the end of the video he said that we should keep the files on the memory card. In the comments below the video another guy asked why and I was wondering the same thing. Tech James replied that "The PSP looks for the PRO update & recovery files, you must keep those files and the boot-loader to keep the CFW running." And now I'm confused: can I really delete all those folder and forget about them or will my psp brick eventually doing so?

zfreeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason you would keep them is if you wanted to uninstall CFW using Chronoswitch. If you want to run a LCFW, you only have to keep the recovery folder/files to reactivate the LCFW; the update only needs to be present when updating like any official update. If the PSP were to continuously check for these files, I'm sure the wakelock-like behavior would drain the battery a lot faster. Hypothetically, if the PSP was dependent on these files/folders, then it just wouldn't boot until copying them back to the memory card. Could you link this video for reference?

878en6vEZbrnk4GC8XKi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

Looking for a bit of assistance with my v1003 PSP running 6.61 PRO-C∞. Everything has been working fine for me until I installed a theme which caused a minor issue but I would like to sort it out if possible.

In the Theme Settings > Color I now have a load of blank colours above the color options that you usually get and I'm really stuck as to how I can get it back to how it should be. I've tried everything that I can think of and I've not been able to find anything online in relation to this so I'm wondering if I maybe have to reinstall the firmware to sort it out?

Can anybody assist with this?

Thanks.

IMG_1659.jpg

zfreeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Looking for a bit of assistance with my v1003 PSP running 6.61 PRO-C∞. Everything has been working fine for me until I installed a theme which caused a minor issue but I would like to sort it out if possible.

In the Theme Settings > Color I now have a load of blank colours above the color options that you usually get and I'm really stuck as to how I can get it back to how it should be. I've tried everything that I can think of and I've not been able to find anything online in relation to this so I'm wondering if I maybe have to reinstall the firmware to sort it out?

Can anybody assist with this?

Thanks.

View attachment 142881
Use Chronoswitch Downgrader to uninstall infinity. For PSP series 1000 and some 2000: use cIPL (CIPL_Flasher folder app) instead.

Reactions: cvskid

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'm thinking you might have downloaded the Go updates instead or renamed the .PBP files.

Nope. I double checked and downloaded the file name that has X000 and the file names are correct

EDIT: i changed the UMD driver from the default and tried again. It works now

Last edited by A_Random_Guy,
Reactions: zfreeman

Sebapyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi there! Today a partner bring me a psp go! apparently without any hacks. I uploaded it from 6.60 to 6.61. Can I make it permanent with this tutorial? Or wich tutorial should I follow?
Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users