Installing 3gb PKG file with Multiman

lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I have a 3gb PKG file I need to install, i’ve copied it to the root on my fat32 pen drive and inserted this into the PS3 which has over 800gb of space.

i’ve used Multiman’s package installer from the multiman menu which seemed to install it after 10mins or so and then used triangle to mount it…but nothing seems to appear anywhere.

I then went into the PS3 XMB menu and used the default packages installer which seemed to install it all over again ( another 10mins ) and finally the game appeared but when I try to load, it says I need to log into PSN to download the licence ..I then went back into Mutiman and mounted the fix file…back onto the default XMB and ran the fix..tried the game again but just goes to a black screen.

Not sure what i’m doing wrong and if i’m doubling up on her work here ?

Is there a guide anywhere on how to load PKG files.

All my other games are in JB folder format and work great but i’ve never had to deal with a PKG file before and it’s confusing the hell out of me.

Jjsong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I have a 3gb PKG file I need to install, i’ve copied it to the root on my fat32 pen drive and inserted this into the PS3 which has over 800gb of space.

i’ve used Multiman’s package installer from the multiman menu which seemed to install it after 10mins or so and then used triangle to mount it…but nothing seems to appear anywhere.

I then went into the PS3 XMB menu and used the default packages installer which seemed to install it all over again ( another 10mins ) and finally the game appeared but when I try to load, it says I need to log into PSN to download the licence ..I then went back into Mutiman and mounted the fix file…back onto the default XMB and ran the fix..tried the game again but just goes to a black screen.

Not sure what i’m doing wrong and if i’m doubling up on her work here ?

Is there a guide anywhere on how to load PKG files.

All my other games are in JB folder format and work great but i’ve never had to deal with a PKG file before and it’s confusing the hell out of me.
change the eboot version of the fix file to 3.55. it should fix the black screen problem.

lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks guys so I gave up trying to get the PKG version to work and have converted it to a Disk Folder format using PS Liberator, but i'm still getting a black screen after Multiman mounts the image and I click on it within the XMB...how do I work out what the issue is ?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
black screen could be anything. though, I've noticed it most often with corrupted sprx. that doesn't mean that's indeed what's wrong. a lot of those fixes were done very poorly, so they do not work on later firmware due to revocations among other things.

lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So in the end I gave up and went back to trying it as a PKG file and then I used reActPSN to install the RAP file..this worked a treat and everything is working now :)

Just out of interest as it worked as a PKG file once I added the RAP file does this mean it should have worked with PS Liberator, as PS liberator used the same RAP file to extract it into a JB folder format before I installed it

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in the end I gave up and went back to trying it as a PKG file and then I used reActPSN to install the RAP file..this worked a treat and everything is working now :)

Just out of interest as it worked as a PKG file once I added the RAP file does this mean it should have worked with PS Liberator, as PS liberator used the same RAP file to extract it into a JB folder format before I installed it
There are several fixes that don't work on later firmware. It may or may not have worked with psn liberator. Not all games work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...