Interesting Group Idea

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My major at OU was Chinese, but I had to change it when I got sick. I was really passionate about it too, so I took Beginning Chinese 2 and Intermediate Chinese 1 at the same time (had to get permission for that). I've forgotten a lot though as it was a long time ago that i graduated, but I'm still interested in learning again. :)

Reactions: Ruryk

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, we've both been here (on Temp) for a good, long while now, and I never knew you also had an interest in the Chinese language. I only spoke (mainland) and learned pinyin, but I've really enjoyed my time doing so. A few years back I was doing several language exchanges with various partners over Skype, even had one family where I taught the son English, and then the mother would get on to help me with Chinese; they were wonderful people.

But it's been a few years, and I remember very little. Started using a free app called Hello Chinese. I just do one or two lessons each day if I'm in the mood. It's not something I ever want to feel like a chore doing, so I just do it when I want. But I'm really glad to see this group.

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: