Gaming internet bandwidth question

TwinBlades

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering if it takes up the monthly bandwidth or the amount of stuff you can download? i want to be able to download games and music to the psp. Will this affect my monthly download limit?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Obviously....

Which is why DD only console may work well in the US and similar countries with ace broadband provision, but elsewhere where service is more varied, monthly bandwidth limits and iffy speeds makes it a problem.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
If the source of the internet is your home router, then any online activity you do will count towards your monthly limit (although some ISPs don't include upload bandwith in the limit).
If the source of your internet is the local WiFi hotspot (like in Westfield shopping center for me), then no, it won't count towards your monthly limit.
If the source of the internet is 3G (e.g. WiFi hotspot through an Android smartphone), then it will only count towards the limit for the 3G service (in my example, it'd be my limit with T-Mobile).

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Anything you do online counts to that limit.

View a youtube video? Then the downstream bandwidth used is as much as if you had downloaded it.

Whether you're saving something as a file or not doesn't matter to the network. The limits are in how much can be sent to your computer in the first place. What your computer does with it after that is of no concern.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ive only heard of the Durango dumps.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's a video right above you lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You just connect....and your banned, next
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Must be drunk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope, California sober tonight
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Do they even upload older firmware where you can usb update if newer ones do come out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can update w USB but they only offer newest updates on they site, they don't give old like ps
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean an archive if a person wants to buy an older Xbox for the exploit
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think there is a way to archive older update files or no one's cared to so if patched already screwed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm still not sure how it works, but yea MS offers newest updates only, you can't find old
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I found a internet archive that's up to 2021 that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or if you are on on old fw, it won't let you online till u update to newest
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm still not getting that hyped over it I can play my pc game that I torrented with a torrent for Xbox that's the same game woo
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But yea @SylverReZ the Durango dumps have all I've heard of till now that was significant
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If they enable stealth online like the good old jtag days that'll be different
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    #BringBackGodModeOnline
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    #makekensmomwashdatass
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    #MakeDaTempGreatAgain
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My feelings
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm sorry, i feel bad now.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: