Introducing NINJHAX - A Nintendo 3DS Homebrew Exploit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to pick one up from Gamestop for $5. I wasn't like SOME people and I bought just one copy.

I remember back in the day when the wii scene just started. You needed Twilight Princess to launch the exploit and at first the channel installed had a time limit(it was a VC from SSBB). Soon after that there was a patched channel that removed the limit and eventually the homebrew channel that we all know and love.

Still when it first started there wasn't much to the apps. Almost all of them were simple ports of the gamecube versions. It was after a while we started getting things like Wii-enhanced emulators and junk. It was wild to say the least just sitting there and waiting for the next big app release.

One of the apps let you play imported Wii games which was huge. If you had a mod chip(I used a wii clip w/yasom) you could use it to load up Action Replay(which Nin disabled in a FW update) and gamecube games with audio streaming support. To the few it was pretty freakin cool esp. when they first added ocarina cheat support.

With that being said I can't wait to see what happens. The Wii scene started out small and every so often we'd get something that blew our minds. I hope to see that very same thing in the next year.

NeonEmerald

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picked my reserved copy from GameStop about an hour ago. In the email it stated they were going to keep the game in reserve for two (2) days.

It may vary depending on your location, but if you have the chance give it a shot.

ineverwipe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought mine from Gamestop for 6 bucks, used. Got their last one, someone else reserved it too lol. Get them while you can, cheap that is

simonhwsn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought mine from a mexican retailer for $10.99 used, but it's a physical store only, there was 3 copies in the shelf but I don't have the money right now :( plus I don't want them to realize, seems like no one knows about this here.

RetroVortex

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh man. This is just hilarious! What an explosion! (tbh it shows how much demand for homebrew there actually is, and shows how dumb the VC model is right now. Ditch it and let us make emulators/homebrew like we can on Android Nintendo, or at least sell/bundle the VC for cheap)
No way am I ever going to come by a copy of that here. If I do somehow see it in a marketplace sometime, I'll pick it up, but I'm not too worried. The homebrew scene for the 3DS might not even explode after this still. (though making 3DS homebrew WOULD be pretty neat, eh guys?)

EDIT: Seriously! Someone is trying to sell their copy on ebay for £100!
(And actually blatantly claim it's for homebrew too. He's probably going to get that listing removed or nulled soon! :rofl:)

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm... i'll take a gamble and skip a copy.

I got a gateway, but the fact that homebrew files are 3DSX now kinda puts me on a difficult position. I am not sure if SSSPWN will be executable on gateway as well...

Hmm decisions... Decisions... I already have so much to spend this week....

The Minecrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to nab a copy from a section in target where they keep all of those shovelware/not popular 3ds games. There were only two left. I got one. :yaysp:

Reactions: cvskid

zbw2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont see whats stoping ubisoft from releasing more copies of this game or releasing it digitaly. the developers may no longer be around but when the game came to the Americas and Eroupe all the publishing rights went to them.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont see whats stoping ubisoft from releasing more copies of this game or releasing it digitaly. the developers may no longer be around but when the game came to the Americas and Eroupe all the publishing rights went to them.

nintendo?

katsup

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My two orders were canceled, but I don't seem what the huge rush is. It is not like the homebrew scene is going to explode overnight. I will just wait for it to mature and keep an eye out for a copy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is sad. His 2 movies were good. Informative about our food industry.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    This was one of the craziest movies I've seen about our food industry, lots of stuff I didn't know. A must see. https://youtu.be/OqzjC-ENrl8?si=GYxmdY5nShzGniVi
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Oh, that dude?
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/vja8uoOy5XE?si=d2qo7jYK9TiyaOZ2 +1