Introducing NINJHAX - A Nintendo 3DS Homebrew Exploit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaTheOverLord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My short story of (not) acquring Cubic Ninja:
  • Ordered Cubic Ninja online for 9€ on Monday. Sweet!
  • Got a reply from the shop on Wednesday, that it isn't in stock and won't be sold again due to pressure by Nintendo. FML #1
  • New prices online exploded already, thus costing around 40-50€. FML #2
  • So I called a local reseller, whether they have it in stock: They don't, but are able to get one from another store. They'd call back once I can pick it up. Price: 10€. Great!
  • Got a call on Saturday: It's here, ready to get picked up! So I drive to the store, get handed the copy of the game and happily hand over those 10 bucks. YAY!
  • Back in my car, I unwrap the already damaged plastic wrapping and open up the box: The cartridge is missing. Someone stole it from inside the box. FML #3
  • Back to the shop, I return the game, or rather the packaging of the game, and get my 10€ back. Now the game costs 80-90€ online. FML #4
Bottom line:
Fuck this... I'll wait for the next hack!

If the game is one time use only, I'll gladly sell mine to your or something.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you get the homebrew launcher to work without rescanning the qr code? Every time i hit my data the game crashed and the system restarts.

Öhr

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well drat, I can try checking some areas around me. To das internetz!
I'd need a PAL copy mate, that darn 3DS is region locked, so not much of a point looking in the US for a copy. thanks for the offer though

P.S. fuck those region locks. they have no point and just suck fucking much. FML!

Diag

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
screw this f´n small online dealers.. ordered my copy also cheap early on the first day, a whole weak the status of my delivery says it´s "open", yesterday i wrote them a mail and now i got the answer that he "informed me, that it is not available anymore" (never got a email from him, but who cares) -.- goddamnit and don´t pay the prices this game is now, so looks like i have to wait for gateway -.-

JoGa83

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello GBATemp users,
i have a problem for scanning the QR Code. When i try to scan QR Code, i have a blank sreen (upper sreen). Maybe i missed something ...
Can someone help me ?
Many thanks.
(and sorry for my english ...)

Attachments

• qrscan.jpg
    qrscan.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 332

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hello GBATemp users,
i have a problem for scanning the QR Code. When i try to scan QR Code, i have a blank sreen (upper sreen). Maybe i missed something ...
Can someone help me ?
Many thanks.
(and sorry for my english ...)

Be sure your room is lightened enough and you pc screen is well centered while you attempt to scan your qr code. You may have to try some times before it works. Also, is you camera working properly? Does your game still respond while you are stuck on that screen?

Reactions: JoGa83

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone try a system transfer with HB installed yet? I imagine it would go fine, but just wanna be sure. I maaaaay be able to test it myself, but no guarantees.

Also if the big N were to release an update, would I be able to load NINJAHAX without updating?

JoGa83

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Be sure your room is lightened enough and you pc screen is well centered while you attempt to scan your qr code. You may have to try some times before it works. Also, is you camera working properly? Does your game still respond while you are stuck on that screen?

I think I found the problem ... it is written in the manual that the QR codes scan function is available only when the story mode is finished .

So I have only to play this horrible game ...;)

Thank you for your help !

AlBa

Trophies
XP
Country
I think I found the problem ... it is written in the manual that the QR codes scan function is available only when the story mode is finished .

So I have only to play this horrible game ...;)

Thank you for your help !
Really no you shouldn't play that game even one second, i didn't have to...
Sérieux non t'as pas besoin d'y jouer ne serait-ce qu'une seconde, je n'ai pas eu besoin...

Reactions: dimmidice

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are any of the included apps supposed to have sound? I've downloaded and ran the blarg SNES emulator, along with a version that's said to support sound yet I don't hear anything.

I apologize if this has already been addressed but I searched for sound within the thread and there was nothing concrete that I saw.

It's working. Created a thread in the main forum as I wasn't sure this was the right place. I screwed up something trying multiple version of the emu. All good now.

I feel like a league of children will come here to call you a noob or to insult you to some degree to seem edgy and cool, so I'll drop this here. Use this version of BlargSNES to get sound. It's barely at its optimum stages, but the same goes for the official release too.

https://mega.co.nz/#!LJpC0ASK!Jke6Snsfs2sOkQyxfFUC1alGvH6zt9b6tjwdxVKwmm8
Thanks. Yeah I got it working and came back here to update/edit my comment. Appreciate the help!

gypsynimrod

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Are any of the included apps supposed to have sound? I've downloaded and ran the blarg SNES emulator, along with a version that's said to support sound yet I don't hear anything.

I apologize if this has already been addressed but I searched for sound within the thread and there was nothing concrete that I saw.

I feel like a league of children will come here to call you a noob or to insult you to some degree to seem edgy and cool, so I'll drop this here. Use this version of BlargSNES to get sound. It's barely at its optimum stages, but the same goes for the official release too.

https://mega.co.nz/#!LJpC0ASK!Jke6Snsfs2sOkQyxfFUC1alGvH6zt9b6tjwdxVKwmm8

Reactions: Rat.2 and cvskid

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
18 more days, and I can finally:
Finish EarthBound on 3DS (was playing it on a snes emulator on my tablet)
Make HB games and play HB games
Play GB classics

rygar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Found out today that sound not currently working on any homebrew on New 3DS. Confirmed by smealum on Twitter on Nov 26.

"@richisawesome unfortunately homebrew can't output sound on N3DS yet, sorry."

wiikend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys
Would like to express my thanks to all the people involved with the exploit, it sounds like great progress in making the 3DS an excellent portable for homebrew and retro game fans :)
I've just got myself a New 3DS XL and have done the QR code thing, Homebrew Launcher is working, although I've only launched the 3DSCraft at the moment.
I'll own up and admit I've not read through all the 98 pages of this thread, and was hoping that someone who has their finger on the pulse would be so kind to answer my question;

Is there a reliable place which lists emus we can use with this launcher, I've seen the homebrew highlights on smea's ninjhax webage, which mentions blargSnes and GameYob, are those the only 2 available at present or do others exist, like a Megadrive emu?

That's it, just looking for a list of available ones, or if it is just those two for now, confirmation.
I would love to be able to play my old Megadrive classics on this machine so hoping there is more.

It's my first 3DS device I've owned and I'm liking it, just have the cube ninja and mario game at the moment, but I love the mario series so looking forward to playing this one through to completion, thanks :yaynds:

rygar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a reliable place which lists emus we can use with this launcher, I've seen the homebrew highlights on smea's ninjhax webage, which mentions blargSnes and GameYob, are those the only 2 available at present or do others exist, like a Megadrive emu?
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Applications is a good list of available homebrew including emulators. No Megadrive/Genesis available yet. Current obstacle with New 3DS model is lack of sound support in homebrew. Author of BlargSnes StapleButter has a good description of some of the barriers before sound is available on his emulator (and other homebrew). https://gbatemp.net/threads/blargsnes-snes-emulator-for-the-3ds-wip.369900/page-61#post-5192248

Reactions: wiikend

wiikend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks rygar, bookmarked that 3dbrew page to check back on from time to time, shame about the sound issue with the New 3DS models, perhaps in time someone will crack that problem.
No Megadrive, that's a shame too but at least the eShop has a few of my old favourites on the Megadrive and Game Gear, so can buy those still :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-