Invisble Rickrolling Prohibited

D

Deleted User

AshuraZero said:
Any flash that plays audio or requires an overly large download WITHOUT user intervention should be pulled under this rule too. Also, to help enforce the "invisible" rule you could see if you can prevent flash files with the width or height of 10px or less being allowed. Simply an idea.
I think both of your ideas are great suggestions and the suspension is fine by me. As said before, this is a community and I'm not here to tick off others -- the friendly atmosphere here at GBAtemp is what makes this my favourite.

If I can't resist to click a link someone posted and it's a Rickroll then that's my problem, but everything else is just annoying. Just my two cents.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xJonny said:
You silly boy. My speakers were on loud and it made me jump you invisible rickroller, you.
If you don't want a boot, I'd change your post as you pretty much did the same thing by quoting him.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Even if this is the Testing Area, it still could potentially spill over onto the main forums.

I know about the lack of standards for TA, but seriously, this shit has gone on long enough, hasn't it?

Endogene

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
"Invisible" colour on this forum would be
Code:
[color="#ececec"]invisible [/color]
not plain white, its somewhat greyish
this is magic, magic i say, trust me it is... trust me... you want a cupcake?

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LOUD NOISES

brick.jpg

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Endogene said:
"Invisible" colour on this forum would be
Code:
[color="#ececec"]invisible [/color]
not plain white, its somewhat greyish
this is magic, magic i say, trust me it is... trust me... you want a cupcake?
lol you must be using a different skin, cause on the default one you see the text
tongue.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Don't get us wrong.
Flash animations that are automatically played (eg. bidoof crap) are also prohibited because they prevent users from reading forum pages normally.
However, invisibles ones are even more strictly reprehended as they were purposedly made harder to spot, and thus harder to moderate.

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Costello said:
Don't get us wrong.
Flash animations that are automatically played (eg. bidoof crap) are also prohibited because they prevent users from reading forum pages normally.
However, invisibles ones are even more strictly reprehended as they were purposedly made harder to spot, and thus harder to moderate.
lol let the bidoof wars begin again

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Costello said:
Don't get us wrong.
*genuine suggestion*

The moderators should install adblock plus for firefox, it shows a big "block" tab over any flash animation, no matter the size.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?