Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Howdy folks, I got an iOS 9.0 iPad mini 4 today and I've been trying to jailbreak it in hopes of getting it to work with a controller I have on hand.

Been trying to follow the guide here (https://ios.cfw.guide/installing-pangu9/) but Pangu9 is having problems where it'll fail to check for updates, stopping me from going any further:

1689684817966.png

Having a Google this is an issue on the side of the app, with it not being able to ping its servers. I tried running the Mac version but ran into a different issue where it says "unknown rebase opcode 0xF0".

If anybody has any solutions or alternate jailbreak suggestions, I'd very much appreciate it. Don't want to update this iPad due to wanting it to play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, which only works on iOS 10 and earlier.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howdy folks, I got an iOS 9.0 iPad mini 4 today and I've been trying to jailbreak it in hopes of getting it to work with a controller I have on hand.

Been trying to follow the guide here (https://ios.cfw.guide/installing-pangu9/) but Pangu9 is having problems where it'll fail to check for updates, stopping me from going any further:

View attachment 383901

Having a Google this is an issue on the side of the app, with it not being able to ping its servers. I tried running the Mac version but ran into a different issue where it says "unknown rebase opcode 0xF0".

If anybody has any solutions or alternate jailbreak suggestions, I'd very much appreciate it. Don't want to update this iPad due to wanting it to play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, which only works on iOS 10 and earlier.
Truthfully I'm impressed that you even managed to get the thing downloaded. Their website barely works.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Truthfully I'm impressed that you even managed to get the thing downloaded. Their website barely works.
Yeaaaaah, I didn't actually get it from their site. The guide has links to the app, but those links are somewhat useless when the app itself needs to phone home to work lol

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't you just update it a more recent iOS (it should go up to iOS15) and jailbreak that?
Pangu9 seems a little bit unstable, i've found this """"tutorial"""" on Reddit but doesn't seem to say anything useful.
They said they don't want to update due to app compatibility.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't you just update it a more recent iOS (it should go up to iOS15) and jailbreak that?
Pangu9 seems a little bit unstable, i've found this """"tutorial"""" on Reddit but doesn't seem to say anything useful.
That "tutorial" is actually a really positive sign. 18 hours ago somebody else was able to do it, so that means the Pangu servers aren't completely screwed. I might be able to just sit and hope they come back online soon.

Edit:
Just realised they were using the Mac version, which also isn't working for me lol

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah sorry, I've missed that last part!
I've also tried on my side and it doesn't work either (tried all the versions on Mega), but also the official website fails to download the exe.
Looking up these old methods reminded me how many jailbreaks there used to be. Unteathered ones at that.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With the Mac version, I have a feeling the MacOS I'm using is too new..? That's all I can think of. Seems my mother still has an old boy though, so I'll try it on that later when I go see her and hope that works.

My end goal is to try this (https://ios.cfw.guide/updating-blobless/) to get the device to iOS 10 for better compatibility with a few things, but I'm not sure how that'll work since I've never really tried a blobless update before. As long as I don't brick the thing I'll be fine lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols