Google is trying to block ReVanced?

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated the ReVanced YT apps on two Android devices and the videos start playing normally, but then it just stops and never resumes. Hopefully this is fixed. 😕

Google can screw off I'm not watching ads, I'd rather use a browser with an adblocker than their YT app.

• Wow
Reactions: Lostbhoy and Quore

tuxiy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I' also had this issue a while ago. Are you patching the youtube apk with revanced manager?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Updated the ReVanced YT apps on two Android devices and the videos start playing normally, but then it just stops and never resumes. Hopefully this is fixed. 😕

Google can screw off I'm not watching ads, I'd rather use a browser with an adblocker than their YT app.
I'm not sure if this is a Revanced issue, but when scrolling through videos, it would freeze for a few seconds before I am able to scroll again. I don't appear to get ads when I watch a video. Its likely that you are either using an outdated YouTube app or dealing with another problem relating to Revanced.

Reactions: Quore

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this is a Revanced issue, but when scrolling through videos, it would freeze for a few seconds before I am able to scroll again. I don't appear to get ads when I watch a video. Its likely that you are either using an outdated YouTube app or dealing with another problem relating to Revanced.
I had to disable the battery optimization and now it's working fine again, but Google certainly changed things up as I also had to install the new MicroG (GMSCore).

Despite all that, YouTube Music ReVanced works without any problems (haven't updated for months) and I love this app as it has most music I like hearing without ads.

https://revanced.app/

This is the only official youtube vanced site.

Grab the apk, follow the simple instructions and you're in.
I use ReVanced's Github and XDA pages although that's good too.

https://xdaforums.com/t/app-guides-unofficial-revanced-megathread.4523967/

https://github.com/j-hc/revanced-magisk-module/releases

ReVanced is so good it even puts YT Premium to shame as it shows dislikes, hide Shorts, skip sponsors, etc.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

sKoMo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I had to disable the battery optimization and now it's working fine again, but Google certainly changed things up as I also had to install the new MicroG (GMSCore).

Despite all that, YouTube Music ReVanced works without any problems (haven't updated for months) and I love this app as it has most music I like hearing without ads.

I use ReVanced's Github and XDA pages although that's good too.

https://xdaforums.com/t/app-guides-unofficial-revanced-megathread.4523967/

https://github.com/j-hc/revanced-magisk-module/releases

ReVanced is so good it even puts YT Premium to shame as it shows dislikes, hide Shorts, skip sponsors, etc.
With vanced app you can fully customise your youtube app.
You can choose from a variety of patches.

Don't forget to intall the new gmscore replacing the "old" microg service.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With vanced app you can fully customise your youtube app.
You can choose from a variety of patches.

Don't forget to intall the new gmscore replacing the "old" microg service.
Heh, the newest version of YT RV wouldn't even open without GMSCore installed.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Glad i found this! I've been using revanced for a while now and loving it but i cannot find any relevant info on it...

I installed it a few months ago and the only thing i can see that doesn't work is the auto play on my feed... Plays for 15 seconds then black screens and i have to click into the video (no biggy really)

My source has released another micro g services app which is a separate app to the micro g I have and I do not know which one i need? Don't really want to update if it ain't really broke! Can anyone tell me what the difference is?

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad i found this! I've been using revanced for a while now and loving it but i cannot find any relevant info on it...

I installed it a few months ago and the only thing i can see that doesn't work is the auto play on my feed... Plays for 15 seconds then black screens and i have to click into the video (no biggy really)

My source has released another micro g services app which is a separate app to the micro g I have and I do not know which one i need? Don't really want to update if it ain't really broke! Can anyone tell me what the difference is?
https://github.com/ReVanced/GmsCore/releases/tag/v0.3.1.3.240913

Google has broken it and made videos unable to play on older versions, if I'd try to play them it'd say "please update" or whatever.

And disable battery optimization, don't forget that.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

They have been trying to block it for a while. Seems like the non root version breaks every few weeks.
If you have a rooted device, the root version works more reliably (since a lot of the issues stem from MicroG)
I've had to update it a couple times (which in my case involves grabbing a newer YouTube APK and running the manager to patch it, as I'm not using the Magisk module), but generally it just keeps working.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
https://github.com/ReVanced/GmsCore/releases/tag/v0.3.1.3.240913

Google has broken it and made videos unable to play on older versions, if I'd try to play them it'd say "please update" or whatever.

And disable battery optimization, don't forget that.
I tried updating and then got that exact error! I uninstalled everything and tried the rvx manager route but it does nothing after choosing my patches soooo... I installed the pre made apk from the xda page above and we all good now!!

I ain't updating again unless I get that exact error as I wasn't before I tried to update it!! Thought i'd try to as all the talk was advising to but hey ho! At least my feed videos play right through to the end now!!

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
So if the newer revanced versions require the new GMScore (or w/e it is called), we could uninstall the old vanced MicroG package right? Or does reVanced need both of these?

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if the newer revanced versions require the new GMScore (or w/e it is called), we could uninstall the old vanced MicroG package right? Or does reVanced need both of these?
Just the new one.

I've not updated YT RV in a while, I typically only do when it stops working.

Also, it's a good idea to save the settings of ReVanced so you don't have to set it all up again. I've got a text file with it in case I need for another device.

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just the new one.

I've not updated YT RV in a while, I typically only do when it stops working.

Also, it's a good idea to save the settings of ReVanced so you don't have to set it all up again. I've got a text file with it in case I need for another device.
I usually generate new versions using the CLI and my prefered list of patches, sometimes with the manager (at which time I usually go through the patch list again cuz the last build the manager did for me before that usually was ages ago 🤣)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto