codeseven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am running System Menu 4.0 USA and have used KongzNutz Virgin softmod guide

So I was having trouble playing VC/WW titles via my SD Card. They were playing fine on my Wii memory, but when I moved them over to my SD card, whenever I tried to play any of them it said "Failed to Launch". So I did some searching on this site and came across a thread on here (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=143369). Where a user said the following:

stev418 said:
means the VC you have on your SD card has a trucha signed TMD file. Either use a VC with original untouched TMD file, OR just reinstall a 'trucha bug patched' IOS60 on your wii

So I did some searching around and found a link to a program called "IOS60 Patcher". I wont give an exact link because it is said that we can link to direct files, but the place I downloaded the patcher from was on wehackwii.pbworks.com under a title called "News - System Menu v4". Along with the files it had a guide on how to use them, which I followed. They are:

QUOTE** Steps 11-18 will patch IOS60, to allow "unofficial" titles, to be run from the SD Card.
11. Launch the "IOS60/61 Installer/Patcher", from The Homebrew Channel.
12. At the first prompt, it will ask you if you want to install IOS61. Press "B", to Deny.
13. At the second prompt, it will ask you if you want to install IOS60. Press "A", to Confirm.
14. Watch carefully, to be sure everything gets installed correctly. If you encounter any errors, rerun the "IOS60/61 Installer/Patcher", until IOS60 installs correctly.
15. At the third prompt, it will ask you if you want to patch IOS60. Press "A", to Confirm.
16. Watch carefully, to be sure everything gets patched correctly. If you encounter any errors, rerun the "IOS60/61 Installer/Patcher", until the patch installs correctly.
17. At the last prompt, it wil ask you if you want to install the latest Shop Channel. Press "B", to Deny.
18. Reboot.

I did the steps exactly like that, and everything installed just fine, no errors. So I rebooted my system and preloader came up (I have that set to come up before the systemmenu). From that menu everything works (even the Homebrew Channel) except the Systemmenu. When I try and go to the system menu it brings up an error with garbled looking text (so garbled its hard to decipher) that says something along the lines of "The system files are corrupted. Please look to the Wii User Manual for help on troubleshooting". At least thats what I THINK it says.

Anyway, how do I rectify this situation. Is there a way to get back to the IOS60 that I had? What should I do?

245g96f.jpg

25hzgi9.jpg

codeseven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my god, all that explanation for just a simple answer, lol. Nevertheless, it worked perfectly! Thanks so much for the accurate and quick response, Nikj14

spacedkadet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this happened to me on my first wii softmod (my own) scared the crap outta me but got it fixed the same way and now when softmodding wii's i always install ios60patched.wad before installing preloader and that don't happen
smile.gif

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nikj14 said:
just have to reinstall preloader from the homebrew channel, should work fine.
omg thank you! i thought i messed up my wii for a minute there. i used the patched ios 60 so i can load new super mario bros through disc channel

Laughlyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol i had the exact same issue with this and saw that same screen and thought the wad i'd downloaded was broke and so just installed the NAND backup i'd made and left it till i foun done that worked
biggrin.gif

works great now tho, cheers everyone who helped the OP

Scarfish

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lordpoketehpenguin said:
Oh, preloader patches ios60 to ES_Identify, therefore, you won't be able to have a Trucha Bugged ios60.

Not true. You can have an IOS60 with ES_Identify and trucha bug patches.

blitzxp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Scarfish said:
Lordpoketehpenguin said:
Oh, preloader patches ios60 to ES_Identify, therefore, you won't be able to have a Trucha Bugged ios60.

Not true. You can have an IOS60 with ES_Identify and trucha bug patches.

So it's completely safe to dop-ios ios60 and trucha patch it and then install sysmenu 4.1 wad ? but dop-ios wont patch es_identify on it, would it ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1