Apple Ipod Touch Help

RoaringMdog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys im new to the whole ipod touch thing and want to jailbreak it and install games on it. But i have no idea how to do this, i saw that there was a guide on the forums but i have some more questions.

1) What kind of jailbreaking software should i use?

2) How do i install games on there , like chinatown wars and dead space (i already have those on my computer.

I realy hope someone can help me.
unsure.gif

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoaringMdog said:
1) What kind of jailbreaking software should i use?
That all depends on what firmware is on your iPod Touch and what generation iPod Touch you are using. You can look up that information in the Wikipedia link below or post your details here to receive confirmation on what you are supposed to use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_jailbreaking

QUOTE(RoaringMdog @ Jan 30 2011, 10:07 AM) 2) How do i install games on there , like chinatown wars and dead space (i already have those on my computer.
Once you have successfully jailbroken your iPod Touch, you need to install appsync. Once done, you can sync apps over via iTunes like you would a normal app.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You first want to know what firmware it's on.
Go to Settings>General>About and scroll down to the version. Post it here and we'll see which Jailbreak you need.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, That's the firmware I am also on. I recommend you wait for the Greenpois0n untethered 4.2.1 Jailbreak, it'll be out soon. otherwise you should use Redsn0w version 0.9.6, though it is tethered. If you have a Mac, use 0.9.7, though it's in beta and could have some bugs.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can replace it, but it requires restoring the device, basically deleting and resetting everything on it, but that shouldn't be a problem, since you'll have everything backed up on iTunes. Although, if you had a problem like me, it might be a little hard restoring it, since you might have to restore it in DFU mode, or recovery mode.

Also, Tethered means that, if you were to turn off your device, or it were to run out of battery, you would have to connect it to your computer and use redsn0w's "boot untethered" option to be able to successfully turn it on, otherwise it'll just be stuck on the apple logo screen.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
RoaringMdog said:
2) How do i install games on there , like chinatown wars and dead space (i already have those on my computer.

I realy hope someone can help me.
unsure.gif
if it was purchased on the apple app store you sync it with itunes, just select your device, go to the "apps" tab and select the ones you want, then hit apply and your done. however if it downloaded elsewhere ie google search then it will be a .ipa: to syc you need to add the hackulous repositry and install appsync for 4.2 through cydia.

RoaringMdog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And im stuck lol , i have no idea what to download :/ i downloaded the file that was in the Complete iOS Jailbreak Guide , and i opened Redsn0w but now i have to click browse and find another file?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoaringMdog said:
And im stuck lol , i have no idea what to download :/ i downloaded the file that was in the Complete iOS Jailbreak Guide , and i opened Redsn0w but now i have to click browse and find another file?
http://gbatemp.net/t243897-complete-ios-jailbreak-guide

Skip to the part the says Jailbreaking with redsn0w (jailbreaks iOS 3.0-4.2.1) and scroll down to redsn0w 0.9.6rc8 for iOS 3.2.2-4.2.1.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
it's the ipsw, basicly a firmware. to find it:

go to start->search folder options->view->show hidden files/folders->apply then ok

next navigate to: C:->your user->appdata->roaming->apple computer->itunes->iPod software updates->iPod_4.2.1_8C148_Restore.ipsw (as long as t says 4.2.1 then thats the right one)

@Lacius he has redsn0w already

if you still can't find it download it at felixbruns.de

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dter ic said:
Hikaru said:
RoaringMdog said:
I realy cant find anything ..

Download it here

http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/061-9859...48_Restore.ipsw
isn't that for iphone 4??
he has an ipod touch 4g right?

@RoaringMdog yeah that one you linked to the iPhone wiki earlier is fine
Nope, it only says iPhone 4 in the link. Anyways, add the repo cydia.hackulo.us in cydia and download [Redacted] for games, but it's illegal if you use it in the wrong way, and i'm not making you download it.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
well really all he needs is appsync, no need for [Redacted]

and to put the games onto your iPod al you do is..

open up cydia, manage, sources then add cydia.hackulo.us
then once added, download Appsync for 4.2
on your PC open up the game. by double clickiong it and then itunes will add it to the list, (do it for the 2 games you have)
next plug in your ipod, click on your ipod then select the Apps tab, select the 2 games and hit apply
wait for itunes to install them and once finished, you'll have the games installed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, wut wut