Ironhax and Tubehax have both been released

On July 31st, 3DS developer turned hacker, Smealum, announced his latest exploit for 3DS which he is dubbing “Ironhax.” Then on August 14th he announced “Tubehax.” Today, they have both been released.

JlxGh7O.png

The names are in reference to his earlier series of exploits called “Ninjahax” which were named after the increasingly rare game Cubic Ninja, which was used to run his earlier series of hacks. Ironhax, or “freehax” as the community called it prior to Smea’s naming, is a method of accessing the Homebrew Channel on the 3DS without having to rely on a physical game like Cubic Ninja or Ocarina of Time.

snapshot2-png.22538
In preparation to the release, Smea told everyone who had access to the eshop to download the game “IRONFALL Invasion” which would be the point of entry. He also clarified that either the 1.0 or 1.1 version of the game would be fine, as the update does not break the exploit.

tbBYjwo.png
Since the announcement people have been scrambling to download IRONFALL Invasion. It was soon removed from the European eShop and is now off of the American eShop as well. However, it’s doubtful that Nintendo will take the YouTube app off of the eShop. Smea also notes that you should download YouTube whether or not you already have IRONFALL Invasion.

People who do not have access to the eShop, possibly due to staying on a lower firmware, will not be able to get the apps. Without additional exploits, the IRONFALL Invasion will not run on systems with a firmware below 9.5. That being said, YouTube should work on lower firmwares. Luckily, there are many other methods available to people with a system firmware of 9.2 or below which will allow them to do even more than Ironhax.

szvg2DD.png
Watch the following video to see how to get the exploits to work.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tubehax freeze half the time on launch and when it works, if I launch the ironhax install, the screen freeze before it even starts the installation.

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought I'd share my experience with tubehax and ironhax with an O3DS 9.9.0-26U:
  • Tubehax and ironhax worked like a charm with no problems whatsoever. Reset Wi-Fi settings back to the original after changing the DNS and can run 'ironhax' flawlessly through the Ironfall Invasion game with or without internet.
  • Can still access 3DS Nintendo eShop, no problems.
  • CitrAGB (GBA Emu), works and runs -- however, incredibly slow at running games and restricted to small screen. Couldn't run Mother 3.
  • BlargSNES 1.2 (SNES Emu), works and runs perfectly -- v1.3 freezes some games, but v1.2 can run most SNES games 'full screen cropped' with little to no lag.
  • GameYob (GB/GBC Emu), works and runs -- no slowdowns, but restricted to small screen.
Finally, I can play Earthbound on my 3DS. :lol: Thanks, Smea.

Last edited by HaloEffect17,

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Didn't smealum apologize in a tweet, saying something like "Sorry JPN, but you get eShop CN(Cubic Ninja)"? My guess is that means Tubehax/Ironhax don't work for them/their firmware?

Somebody work backwards through Smea's tweets. I'm sure he said that, regarding Tubehax/Ironhax.

EDIT:
smea ‏@smealum Aug 2
a few things : it's obviously going to be called ironhax. sorry for JPN but you got eshop CN. sorry to 9.2 users but you have other stuff
There. I dunno why he'd say that other than to tell JPN fw users that it probably won't work on them. Same for anybody with a 9.2 fw.

Surely, there will be a point where they run out of exploitable apps before Nintendo pulls them?
Specific game exploits are usually just stalling techniques - giving Nintendo something to fix while somebody else is taking apart the 3DS's seams.

That somebody else most likely will not be smealum, especially if it directly leads to piracy. At least, that's my impression of things. But there will always be people out there ready to pick up where smea left off, taking the crack all the way down.

Last edited by ferofax,

Baccabechoppin

GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The DNS used for Tubehax doesn't appear to work for me now. It was working all morning and now I can't connect to the internet with the DNS enabled. It's the only DNS that does this and I can still connect without Auto-obtain DNS. Any advice?

EDIT: Got it to work be removing a homebrew application from my SD card, seems strange that an app would cause the issue.

Last edited by Baccabechoppin,
D

Deleted User

Actually, you can't install CIA files using smea's method (I was unable to run FBI itself)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He only knows how to flop his dick around in short shorts +1