Irrational fears

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
VVoltz said:
Insects, I really really dislike insects, well in general, if it has the skeleton outside. it freaks me out like a little girls, I kid you not.

arizona_insect.jpg

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I fear static spark, and electricuting myself when handling plugs.

When I was first year in university, I stayed at the dorm during spring break. I had to go through about 6 doors from my dorm room to the lobby to grab pizza (because the elevator was not running during spring break), and every single door I touched gave me static spark.
What's really messed up is, on the way up they'd spark me again. After living a week full of being static sparked, I feel like every piece of metal I touch will give me sparks.
I hate the surprise factor and sound of it.

And last year, I almost killed myself while plugging in my heater. The moment I plugged in the cord, it short circuited and caught on fire right where I was holding it. I ended up with just a minor burn, but I was only 1/10 of an inch away from two naked live wires.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
VVoltz said:
Insects, I really really dislike insects, well in general, if it has the skeleton outside. it freaks me out like a little girls, I kid you not.

Yeah , me too. :\
It doesn't matter what kind of insect , I just hate them all and get scared of them.

I also fear dogs , but not that much. Only if the dog is like shouting at me. xD

There sure are some other things I fear to , but I don't want to list them because I would be still sitting here in 3 hours then.
biggrin.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Jax said:
Well... I don't like cotton!

I just don't like the feel of it, I don't freak out when I see some.

I hate wool.
Like really, really hate it.
It freaks me out whenever I see it because its a horrible sensation to have to bit wool.
I did it once as a 5 year old and I never forgot the sensation it gave my teeth. It was horrible.

I'm grinding my teeth right now to stop myself from remembering that feeling.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
thebobevil said:
The Teej said:
Salamantis said:
Okay so, when I was little, my parents usually brought me shopping along with them to this store next to us. Inside it there was a door, and it kept moving cause of wind drafts. My dad kept telling me some monsters lived there and shit, and to this day I do NOT want to go in that store again.

wtf.gif
Why do Parents think that shit is funny? Seriously...

It's a perk of being a parent lol

The first time my teenage daughter brought a boy home, I made sure I was sat at the dinning room table, oiling a chainsaw
biggrin.gif

Yeah, but that's funny
laugh.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
VVoltz said:
When I was a kid, bugs & insects scared the hell out of me, really. Even ants...
Now I've grown up a little, but I still hate fast moving insects & bugs. I can crush them easy (
evil.gif
), provided I wear solid shoes
tpi.gif

I'm not scared of bugs when I see them, but if they're like in my bed (or in my neck) and I cant see them, I still freak out.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dominik93 said:
VVoltz said:
It doesn't matter what kind of insect , I just hate them all and get scared of them.
Me three... I've hated bugs, ever since I was little.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I don't have an irrational fear of anything but read a thread yesterday of a guy thats scared of trees. I forget what it's called, somethin like dendrophobia. He phoned rockstar and asked them to remove the trees from GTAIV cuz he is scared to play it now. The vids on youtube.

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't like insects, or touching live or raw fish because of their slippery skin it makes me spasm out >_<

Sometimes like on shock sites where the things jump out and scream, the picture gets fixed in my mind for a few hours and I sort of feel a bit wierd and paranoid

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Poisons. Anything with a warning label on it. Not so bad about it anymore, I've had a lot of time to come to terms with it. It used to drive my dad crazy though, since he was a jack of all trades, and had me helping him quite often. I remember him handing me a jug of muriatic acid once, a pretty powerful cleaning agent. I dropped it as soon as I saw the skull and crossbones on it. Coulda been a big big mess. He was righteously pissed.

I know exactly what it stems from too. When I was a kid I was into chemistry, wanted to be a scientist. I was about 7 years old and was trying to recreate an impossible experiment that I saw in a Batman comic book. I had glass cigar tubes and everything I could find under the sink in the bathroom, cologne, soap, face powder, various cleaners, etc... I mixed potion after potion, trying to get that frog to turn into a vicious monster, but nothing was working. In the shaking of a "test tube" I accidentally got a little of the stuff in my mouth, it tasted like hell and it burned. Scared the crap out of me. I didn't know if I was going to die by poisoning, or turn into a vicious monster. Luckily, neither happened, but the experience left it's mark.

The frog didn't fair too well either...

distorted.freque

I'm getting mixed signals here!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I hate bugs too. Especially cockroaches. I've had some bad experience with cockroaches...One crawled up my leg one time. Another was swimming in my cereal (I just looked away and when I was about to reach for my bowl, there it was). And I had one fly straight to me. I was afraid it was going to go to my mouth which was open. From screaming.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
PapiChulo said:
I'm afraid of fiery damnation for not believing in the illegitimate Hobo "son" of an invisible sky deity from 4k years ago.

OK . . .

Anyhow it's funny to see what people can be afraid of sometimes.

S

scubersteve

I phear thick papered books.
When I was 4, I slit open my hand on a dinosaur book
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgLD1yhxNik