Android Is $300 off a good deal for Galaxy S21+ / Ultra?

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Last day of Amazon's Prime sale, and they have the 128GB Plus and Ultra unlocked models for $300 off normal price. Currently running with an S8 that seems to be showing its age as it's starting to take longer to run things, especially when it's connected to my car for Android Auto. My only real concern is the fact that they are 128GB models, and they don't have mSD support, though I hadn't hit my 64GB limit with my S8, and any pictures/videos I do take can be transferred to my NAS.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's not bad... I got mine for $800 off through Verizon. Traded in my S10 Plus that I had since launch 2 years ago... Shit still looked and worked like new too. (Sprint merged with T-Mobile and got absolved, and we didn't want to be with T-Mobile... So we switched to Verizon and paid off our S10 Plus phones so we could trade them in for the $800 off.)

Last edited by Jayro,
Reactions: Kioku

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it's not bad... I got mine for $800 off through Verizon. Traded in my S10 Plus that I had since launch 2 years ago... Shit still looked and worked like new too. (Sprint merged with T-Mobile and got absolved, and we didn't want to be with T-Mobile... So we switched to Verizon and paid off our S10 Plus phones so we could trade them in for the $800 off.
I'm currently with Xfinity Mobile, and I recall Verizon having a sweet deal recently (though I think that was through Costco, which I am a member of).

Last edited by DiscostewSM,
Reactions: Jayro

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Upgraded to the S20 Ultra from an iPhone X. 10/10, would recommend. The deal is pretty good, too.

As for the mSD support...I have an SD in mine? I use it for all my GameCube games, cuz it handles Dolphin a-ma-zingly.

I do sort of regret the ultra, if only because it's too big for my hands. I can't type on it very well. Otherwise, it's the best phone I've ever had.

Reactions: Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I set my DPI to 550 in the developer settings, and now everything is smaller and fits on the screen more like a phablet... I love it. (256GB SnapDragon-based S21 Ultra 5G here.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one