Hardware Is Amiiqo (or N2) working with the Switch?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
i'm not understand the difference between N2 and Amiiqo because i thought Amiiqo was the older version of N2, but how some people write it makes it sound like it isn't...how do you use this product?
They are the same. I think big N went and sent a C&D because of the name being to similar. So they changed it to N2. It's the exact same product. Just a different sticker.

Reactions: djricekcn

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I just heard about this product, however, I am not sure what I need to get. I see two different + 1 set in particular but not sure what the difference is? I just want to use Amiibo (i think they are called bin files) with one reader, not having the need to carry the statues as well.

I see N2Elite USB R/W (29.99) and N2Elite (49.99) and a set that's 79.98. What does each product do? Is there anything cheaper?

also, i'm not understand the difference between N2 and Amiiqo because i thought Amiiqo was the older version of N2, but how some people write it makes it sound like it isn't...how do you use this product?
One is just the USB reader, the other is just the N2 elite itself, if you have an Android smartphone you don't need the USB reader.

Reactions: djricekcn

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just heard about this product, however, I am not sure what I need to get. I see two different + 1 set in particular but not sure what the difference is? I just want to use Amiibo (i think they are called bin files) with one reader, not having the need to carry the statues as well.

I see N2Elite USB R/W (29.99) and N2Elite (49.99) and a set that's 79.98. What does each product do? Is there anything cheaper?

also, i'm not understand the difference between N2 and Amiiqo because i thought Amiiqo was the older version of N2, but how some people write it makes it sound like it isn't...how do you use this product?

I believe the N2 Elite is the USB writer, the amiiqo disc is a 200 in 1 amiibo emulator with a button to change which amiibo it is emulating at the time. Action replay powersaves portal is also a USB writer that comes with 1 tag that you can write to multiple times. You can also use any android phone with NFC capability to write to the amiiqo/N2 disc or powertag or NTAG215 stickers and cards that are single write only.

If you have an NFC phone you do not need the Powersaves or N2 USB writers. You just need something to write to, amiiqo disc, powertag or ntag215 nfc stickers or cards.

The namiio and N2 elite writers I believe are just rebranded datel action replay powersave portals. Namiio also sells tokens that you can write to multiple times I believe.

For android your main tools will my tagmo and amiibitz
For the USB writers you should probably use namiio software it seems to be the best.

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is Amiibitz flakey a bit compared to PC App? Older youtubes said Amiiqo app on Android was flakey compared to USB but not sure if that's still valid, deciding if i need to get set or just n2elite

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
These tags seem to be much cheaper than the stickers, the stickers have gone up in price since the switch came out.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is Amiibitz flakey a bit compared to PC App? Older youtubes said Amiiqo app on Android was flakey compared to USB but not sure if that's still valid, deciding if i need to get set or just n2elite

Flakey? I haven't had any problems.

What permissions does the app require?

NFC and filesystem

Reactions: KiiWii

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
These tags seem to be much cheaper than the stickers, the stickers have gone up in price since the switch came out.

Flakey? I haven't had any problems.

NFC and filesystem

regarding the NFC cards in the link has anyone been able to successfully write amiibo data onto it using Powersaves? im thinking of purchasing the cards now that im waiting for my Powersaves to arrive.. thanks..

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
With Amiiqo (N2) are you able to pirate .bin files and "create" amiibos to use in games?

i have no experience with it but yes you should be since that's what they're advertising it for. Too bad it's expensive for me here since i have to import. :(

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to mention that I just got my powersaves with powertag and they function perfectly with switch.
Wait. So the powersaves can write to the tags and you are not limited to the power tag? I have one powersaves I just haven't messed with it yet.

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wait. So the powersaves can write to the tags and you are not limited to the power tag? I have one powersaves I just haven't messed with it yet.

i'll be experimenting with mine using blank tags as soon as i receive the Powersaves..

Meliodas2255

It makes sense
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Powertag works with back up bins and can be used without a problem with the switch. Although you can only used one at a time. I'm not sure if tagmo works with powertag. I read that it works but haven't tested as I don't have a nfc phone.

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany

N2 is just the new name of Amiiqo. Same product

To R/W from the N2Elite you need the N2 Elite USB R/W or a Android Phone which supports NFC. There is a remake / changed better version of the original one.
If you want to go really cheap, get nfc tags 215 and write to them from a NFC Android Phone with the TagMo app.

No matter which way you use, you will write the .bin files to the NFCTag / N2Elite :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My asshole feels like a Wendy's frosty machine