Gaming is Dynasty Warriors good?

weavile001

Spiritmaster
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i played dynasty warriors 1 for ps1 and the fighters battle for ds, I didnt liked the ds one ,but, some people say that dynasty warriors 4,5,6,7 are very good, should i play them? or they are bad?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The first one and the one on the DS are not the same as all the others.
The other ones are actually hack and slash games and are quite fun for being just mindless button mashers.

I haven't played through them all myself, but I have played most of them and they quite fun. They're not perfect and can get a bit repetitive, but they are worth playing.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno why you're asking this in the PC forum, I don't think there's many (if any) DW/SW games on the system.

It's really subjective honestly. If you look at it coldly it's a pretty bland game. Cheesy J-Rock soundtrack paired with repetitive gameplay and terrible voice acting. But it's more of just a "pure fun" thing. Not every video game has to be a fine steak, sometimes you just want some shitty Burger King. It's sloppy, yes, but there's a level of appeal that comes with decimating hundreds of enemies and being a god amongst men on the battlefield.

Also, soundtrack and such aside, I really love the aesthetic. Ancient Asian cultures are some of the most interesting to me personally, and while this isn't exactly super accurate, it still has that art and is based off one of the most famous pieces of literature of all time.

My advice, try a proper entry in the series. There's some games that are bad even by fan standards. I'd avoid the handheld games as they're often very limited (the exception being Dynasty Warriors Next on the Vita which is basically on-par with any console release of the game). Most any of the numbered games work fine. However, Warriors Orochi usually gets the best scores. It's a bit more over-the-top and combines both Samurai and Dynasty Warriors characters together with some extras. Critics do generally enjoy it and Orochi 3 got pretty high scores for a Warriors game.

EDIT: In the end though it's really love it or hate it. I have fond memories of Dynasty Warriors 4 when I was younger and now I'm still playing Next on the Vita. It's shlock but sometimes you want shlock.

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
There's Dynasty Warriors Online for PC. It's fun and all. I've been playing it time to time when I have some spare time. If you like Dynasty Warriors, you like Dynasty Warriors Online too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4