Hacking Question is it a good idea to buy a patched switch and wait?

kisamesama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been looking for unpatched new switch and can't seem to find any... used unpatched ones seem overpriced on ebay...

is it a good idea to buy a patched one and wait for a new exploit? any work in progress?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Patched systems on 4.1.0 (that have never connected to the internet) are hackable now.
  2. Patched systems on 5.0.0-7.0.1 might be hackable someday in the distant future, but it could be a very long time before that happens, and you will not be able to connect to the internet at all anytime before that.
  3. Patched systems on 8.0.0 and higher will probably never be hackable.
In a nutshell, it is probably not worth waiting for a new exploit, especially if you're on 8.0.0 or higher, but patched systems on 4.1.0 are hackable. I highly recommend trying to get an unpatched system.

I recommend going to stores around you, particularly small businesses, and checking the serial numbers for unpatched systems.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: kisamesama

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I personally ended up just buying a used unpatched Switch due to easier hacking. Thankfully there are stores here that actually advertise hacked units.

The patched switches as someone previously has stated has limitations/requirements. It also doesn't help that Nintendo did a good job with security this time (Nvidia screwed up thankfully). So I am doubtful we'll get major mods on 8.0 Switches (patched and later models) in the future unless Nvidia screws up again. Worst case, buy off eBay like the ones with just the tablet. How is the used market in America through stores like Gamestop? Is it possible to just look for unpatched units there. I mean there are millions of them out there in theory.

Last edited by fvig2001,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...