Hacking Is it in any way possible to use texture packs through loaders or other methods?

dude of the gree

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed that its possible to replace textures through the Dolphin emulator, in particular, Xenoblade Chronicles. Is it possible to run these texture packs on a Wii through loaders or other such methods?

I'm curious, because of how Brawl's Project M can be installed through SD card without even requiring homebrew, but I haven't been able to find an answer anywhere.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are these texture packs "high res" texture packs or just custom ones? If custom then yeah it is theoretically possible, if high res then probably not. I am not aware of any loader methods for Xenoblade though, best you can do for custom there is to actually mod the game manually.

By the way brawl's stuff is homebrew -- brawl has a notable exploit which can be used for such things.

Reactions: lemanuel

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Errr..... no, not worth the hassle, and the end result simply wouldn't be good enough to bother trying.
Dolphin texture packs certainly are a big no. They're designed to take advantage of mid-high end PCs with far more grunt & ram than 10 Wii's put together - not gonna happen.

Smaller scale textures though? As the Wii isn't the most powerful machine going, with very little ram available, we're talking low-res textures on a low-res machine, and via say Riivolution, if you're talking texture packs, forget it, so much data cannot be transferred quickly enough either. The best you can aim for is one or two replacements, like the custom Mario Kart packs have. They're good enough of course, but forget about something like Xenoblade I'm afraid.... any low scale, low res attempt would unfortunately just end up making the game look worse....

Reactions: lemanuel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3