Gaming Is it just me or Super Mario 3D Land is short?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well, being honest here, a short game can be short, even if it forces you to replay 99% of its content 4 times just to unlock one final level.

thats not making it longer, just making it more work to actually "100%"

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, being honest here, a short game can be short, even if it forces you to replay 99% of its content 4 times just to unlock one final level.

thats not making it longer, just making it more work to actually "100%"

Oh I agree. I found it unnecessarily tedious and more than a little annoying to have to replay the whole thing all over again as Luigi just to reach that final level. But the guy did say he 100%'ed the game in "just a few days" and to do that, I listed exactly what it would take. Having "100%'ed" this game myself, it seems unlikely ... though if he wants he can come back in the thread and say he did. It's not like there's much I could do to disprove it.

x66x66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beat the game 100% in just a few days. It's too short in my opinion

100% huh? So you beat all the levels in all the worlds (both regular and special), with both Mario and Luigi, got all the star coins in all those levels, and got a gold flag on all those levels (1up jump on the flagpole), which unlocked the final level (S8 Crown, see it at ht-tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddOr-TajiEQ ) which you also beat .... all in just a few days.

uh huh.

Yes. Granted, I did play it nearly all day.

According to my activity log, I played it 17 hours between 11/13 and 11/19. I beat it it 100% in that time frame. My file has 5 stars and I've beaten S8 crown with both characters.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's very short, even though there are many short levels as opposed to fewer and longer levels, the game can be beaten considerably faster than Galaxy or SM64, for comparison.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I beat the game 100% in just a few days. It's too short in my opinion

100% huh? So you beat all the levels in all the worlds (both regular and special), with both Mario and Luigi, got all the star coins in all those levels, and got a gold flag on all those levels (1up jump on the flagpole), which unlocked the final level (S8 Crown, see it at ht-tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddOr-TajiEQ ) which you also beat .... all in just a few days.

uh huh.

Yes. Granted, I did play it nearly all day.

According to my activity log, I played it 17 hours between 11/13 and 11/19. I beat it it 100% in that time frame. My file has 5 stars and I've beaten S8 crown with both characters.

Geesh. Get a job.

just kidding. i'd like to have that kind of time to put into games. but anyway, I stand corrected, and congratulate your achievement and obsessiveness. I hope you can understand ... nothing much bothers me more on here than people who claim to have beaten or 100%'d a game when all they'd done is get to the first run of credits. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

x66x66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Geesh. Get a job.

just kidding. i'd like to have that kind of time to put into games. but anyway, I stand corrected, and congratulate your achievement and obsessiveness. I hope you can understand ... nothing much bothers me more on here than people who claim to have beaten or 100%'d a game when all they'd done is get to the first run of credits. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Heh yeah, it is a bit pathetic. I kinda regret it.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Not kidding about these spoiler tags...

Sure, it was technically a long game, but what irritated me is why it was so long. In reality, it was a very short game that was artificially extended. I mean, between the first playthrough, the 2nd playthrough in the special worlds (which are just somewhat rearranged versions of the original 8 worlds in a mixed up order), and the third playthrough to beat the game with both brothers, the game involves a lot of grinding, so to speak... and all to unlock one special level at the end. I mean, really?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UeJincEpEM