Hacking Is it possible to convert an eShop save game to the Gateway's .sav format?

Wowfunhappy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live in North America, and have owned a North American 3DS since the day they were first released four years ago. I don't like carrying around game carts, so pretty much every 3DS game I own was purchased via the eShop.

However, Nintendo isn't releasing a small N3DS in North America, so I'm going to import a European model (when it is released in a few weeks) and have purchased a Gateway in preparation (I know the Gateway doesn't work with the N3DS, but I'm confident it will be updated before too much longer). I've also been acquiring .3ds copies of all my eShop games.

The one issue, however, is my save data. The Gateway writes save data to the large sd card in the form of a .sav file. Is there any way to convert the save data from my eShop games into this format? I have SaveDataFiler, but it seems to be using a different format.

Thank you!

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I live in North America, and have owned a North American 3DS since the day they were first released four years ago. I don't like carrying around game carts, so pretty much every 3DS game I own was purchased via the eShop.

However, Nintendo isn't releasing a small N3DS in North America, so I'm going to import a European model (when it is released in a few weeks) and have purchased a Gateway in preparation (I know the Gateway doesn't work with the N3DS, but I'm confident it will be updated before too much longer). I've also been acquiring .3ds copies of all my eShop games.

The one issue, however, is my save data. The Gateway writes save data to the large sd card in the form of a .sav file. Is there any way to convert the save data from my eShop games into this format? I have SaveDataFiler, but it seems to be using a different format.

Thank you!

Unfortunately the .sav is an encrypted file and the file produced by eshop games isn't and there are few methods to decrypt saves for games, though I believe MT card has some sort of feature that people like to use to extract/exchange/something saves, I'm not entirely sure on that one and somebody else would need to fill you in properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Floridawoman is the only thing that can ruin Floridaman +1