Hacking Homebrew Misc Is it Possible to Download a Specific Update For a Game?

Randobojando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to figure this out for a while so now I'm here. I'm trying to figure out how to dump BOTW, that part I know how to do. However my BOTW is on the latest update on my Wii U but I need it on 1.5.0 for it to work with BCML for mods. So is it possible to either reverse these updates to 1.5.0 despite never downloading 1.5.0, or somehow downloading 1.5.0 and deleting the other update? I have both Aroma and Tiramisu if that helps. I also used Nusspli to get the latest update and the game.

EnterpriseFreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've been trying to figure this out for a while so now I'm here. I'm trying to figure out how to dump BOTW, that part I know how to do. However my BOTW is on the latest update on my Wii U but I need it on 1.5.0 for it to work with BCML for mods. So is it possible to either reverse these updates to 1.5.0 despite never downloading 1.5.0, or somehow downloading 1.5.0 and deleting the other update? I have both Aroma and Tiramisu if that helps. I also used Nusspli to get the latest update and the game.

As long as the old version is still on the NUS you should be able to download it using JNUSTool. By the way, I played Breath of the Wild on Wii U not too long ago and I remember 1.5.0 being the latest update for the Wii U version, 1.6.0 being exclusive to the Switch with Labo VR support. Any chance you actually wanted some version before 1.5.0?

Randobojando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as the old version is still on the NUS you should be able to download it using JNUSTool. By the way, I played Breath of the Wild on Wii U not too long ago and I remember 1.5.0 being the latest update for the Wii U version, 1.6.0 being exclusive to the Switch with Labo VR support. Any chance you actually wanted some version before 1.5.0?
I'm pretty new to the modding scene and have mostly played botw on my switch so I had no idea that 1.5.0 is the latest version for Wii U. Thanks for that, this has become quite the headache trying to figure out.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have to change the versions.bin or the game will not boot. the versions.bin is what prevents downgrading games officially. look up the title id, and I think it's the 13th and 14th bytes on the same line that is the hex version. you want to change the hex of the update you want from decimal to hex or you can always negate it with 0's iirc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, LOL. Its very sunny, what are you on about?