Homebrew Is it possible to dump Cia files as "romfs" using braindump?

Izaya-Orihara

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i beleive your absolutely correct I just dont know how to change that. I got my 3ds modded from someone and he put dual boot for reinand and rxtools from a purple screen, could you tell me how to make the necessary changes to my boot manager

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You need to use the braindump prerelease. The newer version doesn't dump the romFS and exeFS.
will that work on emunand games? or do io need the homebrew laucnher app?

Deleted member 373057

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i beleive your absolutely correct I just dont know how to change that. I got my 3ds modded from someone and he put dual boot for reinand and rxtools from a purple screen, could you tell me how to make the necessary changes to my boot manager

You need the homebrew launcher, yes, and it works on emuNAND.

D

Deleted User

You need to run it through the HBL. It should be able to dump your RomFS and ExeFS on emuNAND, I've done it on emuNAND a few times before without any issues.

edit: ninja'd :^)

Izaya-Orihara

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would please tell me how to run the homebrew launcher app on emunand, someone mentioned it reboots my 3ds because of the boot manager, can some please tell me how to change that so when i run the hb launcher app it runs, instead of rebooting

I found a tutorial, but can someone clarify - get the main idea, I just don't want to change the wrong file

thank you

"Here's what you need to do:

Rename your homebrew launcher .3dsx file to something that is 4 letters. In my case, I have bhbl.3dsx for the homebrew launcher, and boot.3dsx for CBM.

When you open the homebrew launcher loader, from your emunand, hold Y after it starts up. This will write the payload to your SD card.

Insert your SD card in your computer and edit the payload with a text editor (notepad++ if you're on windows). The name of the file will be "hblauncherloader_otherapp_payload_YOURFIRMWAREVERSION.bin"

Find the string "boot.3dsx" and replace it with whatever you renamed your homebrew launcher .3dsx

Now you will be able to open the homebrew launcher with the hblauncher_loader cia from emunand"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @K3Nv2 do you have gold hen ps4?