ROM Hack Is it possible to hack my Pokemon Rumble World for gems without using Gateway?

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I generally hold the same view, but I'm also strictly against games with artificial time/pay walls. I'll hack diamonds (that you have to pay/wait for anyway) so I can play the game. I won't hack pokemon/money/rank/etc though. I don't see the point in being punished in-game for not dishing out cash for IAPs.
Amen brother. My thoughts exactly. Screw paywalls. I would hack all the diamonds, but never the stats.

Reactions: Margen67

richardparker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I'm guessing that you already watched my YouTube video about hacking it with the Gateway method.

I've been thinking of doing one with the Tubehax method but I never got around to it. Maybe this is the encouragement for me to do it.

your video was nice man but i was too late and i updated.hence the need for another method. btw dude Please do a video on the browserhax/themehax method for homebrew and hacking pokemon rumble world that way.tubehax is not working anymore.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys i just realised that.... Noobs question-how do i connect my nintendo's sd card to the computer!?

Take it out of the 3DS and put it into your computer's SD card slot? On N3DS there's a wireless option as well, since the back of the device is screwed on.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Take it out of the 3DS and put it into your computer's SD card slot? On N3DS there's a wireless option as well, since the back of the device is screwed on.

You can also unscrew it and leave it unscrewed, it snaps on pretty tightly as it is. :P

Reactions: Kafke

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and what if your computer doesnt have an sd card slot?

Well then that's your problem. Buy an SD card reader, use a library computer, etc. Maybe use an FTP app? Do you really not know how to operate your electronics that you bought? I almost feel like this is a troll post. It's all very straight forward.

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also from the old school, and I seem to remember a lot of people saying "wow! you have the new game genie....let me borrow it!"

I admit, hacking takes a lot of fun out of gaming, but if done properly, it can enhance the experience. You certainly have to have a bit of self-control because it is very easy to ruin a great game. It's best to hack AFTER you've thoroughly completed the game (if it can offer any additional fun).

That said, this isn't a game I particularly like, and the thought of playing it for even 10 minutes every day for the next 2 years kind of made me....sick to my stomach. I wanted to speed up whatever masochistic pleasure I was getting from this game.

I hacked Shuffle as well, and it has its pros and cons too. Pro: I can play at my own leisure: rather than pick the game up 5 times in one day to play 5 levels each time, I can just pick it up ONCE and play 25 levels. Cons: It's much easier to justify the use of a powerup to get it over with. Before hacking, I got pretty dang far without using a single power up (no grinding, no farming, just playing without spending.) However, this is not your normal "balanced" game: it is a money grabber. While it may be *possible* at this point not to use coins, it was turning into a fairly frustrating experience. With a normal game (aka a non-free to play game) you always know that no matter how difficult it is there is a way to beat it and with enough practice and attempts you WILL beat it. With this free-to-play crap, you're constantly suspicious that each difficult encounter was an intentional attempt to get you to buy your way through.

In the end, I'm glad I hacked both. They're just little free-to-play mediocore games anyway. I should be spending my time on higher quality games (that I won't ruin by hacking).

P.S. I'd like to know about these ways of catching the Pokemon your after. I found msyelf limited myself to mostly using only those with the Gutsy trait. I'd rather be able to ignore that trait and just use what I want, but the Gutsy trait helps SO much, especially my little Bisharp with a Gutsy++

My method for Pokemon Rumble World for catching Bosses or any kind of Pokemon I need is simple. I have a Staraptor with Return and Endeavor, after watching said boss pattern use return when boss gets tired (you'll notice it by the white smoke above their heads) That's your chance to use return to try to make it wobble, now when their HP gets low enough and still no wobble I tend to use Endeavor to do 1 damage till I get it to wobble then finish it off with Return. My Staraptor also has the trait where it heals itself naturally ^_^ Quite easy really.

I too play Pokemon Shuffle and I stack money (which again is easy, you can rack up 530 coins on Meowth stage which is 37 iirc) also grinding out Bunery (stage 21 I believe) as he gives you the most exp early on till you unlock others stages where you can get more exp (which I'd rather not get into atm) I guess I don't mind the waiting as I am always playing something else while I wait for hearts to refill, or cooking, cleaning, laundry etc etc.

Listen it's nothing personal so I have no idea why everyone is so defensive, we're all different and game differently. It's just that hacking, cheat codes, using a guide etc etc I feel robs the game of it's experience no matter what it is. A F2P game will always be that to me F2P I can understand that for example in Pokemon Shuffle that you will eventually need to spend some coins, well that's why there are stages where you can farm these coins. Sure you get 5 turns (I have 30 hearts on that extra tab ^_^ ) but to me that just means I need to perfect my method because tries are indeed limited.

If you hack diamonds only cool, if you hack diamonds, outfits, traits, Pokemon themselves cool. . . . . . That's how you choose to enjoy it, games have a deep meaning to me (don't feeling like getting into my life story) and I feel (my view/opinion here) by doing such it's actually disrespecting the game itself something I take pride in that I don't do. I enjoy the challenge of finding ways around certain "roadblocks" if you will.

Also these higher quality games I completely understand I'm currently grinding Raids in Destiny, which let me tell you makes the time fly by in between play sessions of PRW and Shuffle. I'm a collector so I always have my face in a game may it be a Commodore 64 title or an Apple CE II game or a PS4 title. Just today I was playing Jumpman on Commodore 64 then after that switched right into Spilt/Second to kick ass in online races.

Last edited by EMP Knightmare,

richardparker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
sorry for the dumb questions guys but im really a newcomer i never had to do this kind of stuff before sorry once again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Use a phone or tablet if you have one, then.
i do have a tablet so what can i do?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

svdt/save manager for the homebrew launcher should do the job.
what job are you talking about?

bloodlike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
richardpark: maybe you should just think and read your way through whatever you're trying to accomplish because you're sounding like you're trying to elicit responses for pleasure (trolling is the word I think?)

EMP Knightmare: I didn't mean to come off as defensive. You keep doing what you're doing. I'm just sharing my experience hacking those 2 games and games in general and letting you know I agree with you on many aspects. It's just that sometimes the pros outweigh the cons (for me). Again, I admit hacking fundamentally changed the way I approach Shuffle, and I even regret the decision a tiny little bit. However, I have zero regrets about adding diamonds on Rumble World. I understand you see that as a challenge, but to me it was not (in any way) a fun challenge. Btw, it's good to know there is someone who can appreciate all styles of video games! I still pull out my Intellivision from time to time and would love to own one of the old computer systems (something like Commodore 64 or ZX Spectrum.) Most of collection is older Nintendo and Sega systems. I'll admit I kind of duck my head in the sand with any newer systems. I did own a Wii, but I've never owned any Xbox or any Playstation past the first one. I don't know why, but I just can't get interested in any new games for long enough to justify the purchase. Handhelds, on the other hand, are a different story: I seem to have no problem picking those up and have pretty much stayed current on those systems. Regardless, I still always find myself fiddling with emulators and going back to my favorites.

Reactions: EMP Knightmare

richardparker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
guys pls understand im really a newcomer and i never had to do this kind of stuff before so basically i had to ask those dumb questions cuz this is a first time for me.
sorry for any inconveniences i may have caused.
and thanks for taking the trouble to help a ***** like me especially bloodlike and kafke

bloodlike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem. Buy an SD card remover, remove SD card from 3DS, insert in reader, plug reader into computer...when you're ready for the next step, let one of us know.

richardparker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
No problem. Buy an SD card remover, remove SD card from 3DS, insert in reader, plug reader into computer...when you're ready for the next step, let one of us know.
yep i've done it.now what?

guys will all this work with version 10.2? i havent updated yet so i dont know whether i should do so or not

guys i just got to know about the new pokemon rumble world update 1.1 which will give me 100 pokediamonds and the lucky balloon but to update it it says i will have to perform a system update which will take my 3ds to 10.2 . so should i update or not? if i update what will i lose? pls answer cuz updating sure sounds tempting.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
guys i just got to know about the new pokemon rumble world update 1.1 which will give me 100 pokediamonds and the lucky balloon but to update it it says i will have to perform a system update which will take my 3ds to 10.2 . so should i update or not? if i update what will i lose? pls answer cuz updating sure sounds tempting.

No. You're not supposed to update or risk losing the ability to get easily into homebrew, which is what you need to extract your save file. Also you don't need to update your system to play an offline game. Just view the Pokemon Rumble thread, there are saves that you can inject and people who's included the VIP status too.

richardparker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
No. You're not supposed to update or risk losing the ability to get easily into homebrew, which is what you need to extract your save file. Also you don't need to update your system to play an offline game. Just view the Pokemon Rumble thread, there are saves that you can inject and people who's included the VIP status too.
could i please have the link to the thread?

and btw can i update just the game without updating the sytem? is there any way to do that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: 80s are the new 20s. +1