Is it possible to overclock specific titles in Luma CFW?

Stefano_Lassandro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The question:
I'm aware that it is possible to activate L2 Cache and overclock for all titles, but is there a way of activating L2 Cache and overclock for only certain titles?

Why: (the benefits)
In my opinion it would be really nice to have for games such as MGS3 3D, that don't use the N3DS upgraded hardware by default, but perfectly work with the new 3DS clock and L2 Cache activated. This is just one example among a lot of other titles that benefit from this. The problem is that other titles, such as Rayman3D (at least the EUR version), break when L2 Cache or overclock are activated, so it would be nice to only activate L2 Cache and overclock when a specific game is run.

Thank you for reading! Any kind of help/information is widely appreciated.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The question:
I'm aware that it is possible to activate L2 Cache and overclock for all titles, but is there a way of activating L2 Cache and overclock for only certain titles?

Why: (the benefits)
In my opinion it would be really nice to have for games such as MGS3 3D, that don't use the N3DS upgraded hardware by default, but perfectly work with the new 3DS clock and L2 Cache activated. This is just one example among a lot of other titles that benefit from this. The problem is that other titles, such as Rayman3D (at least the EUR version), break when L2 Cache or overclock are activated, so it would be nice to only activate L2 Cache and overclock when a specific game is run.

Thank you for reading! Any kind of help/information is widely appreciated.
Nope it all or nothing

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Lowkey though, I would like this feature and seems like it could hypothetically be possible. You can also leave your system clocked normal and then overclocked with some games

Reactions: Stefano_Lassandro

YoungLink13

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
I also wanted the same thing, but I didn't find how to do it... until I saw the option on the Rosalina menu! (the menu accessed by pressing L+down+select). There is an option within the menu called ´´New 3DS Menu´´ and it allows you to overclock the game separately. What I don't know is if it really works, but I think if they added that option it's because it works. (translated with google translator).

Nutez

Assimilator of Lumas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can partially achieve this with the Luma fork in my signature (also available on Universal-DB app). I say partially because it's either "804MHz cpu & L2 cache" or nothing. But it is settable per title. There isn't a way to make it more granular like "804MHz only" or "L2 cache only" because of a Nintendo bug.
To use this feature you need to enable Luma game patching, launch your title and choose a new option on the N3DS Rosalina menu: "Auto run current title as N3DS". From the next time you launch that title it will automatically run with "804MHz cpu & L2 cache" enabled.

Reactions: Stefano_Lassandro

Stefano_Lassandro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I also wanted the same thing, but I didn't find how to do it... until I saw the option on the Rosalina menu! (the menu accessed by pressing L+down+select). There is an option within the menu called ´´New 3DS Menu´´ and it allows you to overclock the game separately. What I don't know is if it really works, but I think if they added that option it's because it works. (translated with google translator).
I did know this was possible, but thanks for answering!
I was looking for a way to do this automatically based on the launched title.

Stefano_Lassandro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can partially achieve this with the Luma fork in my signature (also available on Universal-DB app). I say partially because it's either "804MHz cpu & L2 cache" or nothing. But it is settable per title. There isn't a way to make it more granular like "804MHz only" or "L2 cache only" because of a Nintendo bug.
To use this feature you need to enable Luma game patching, launch your title and choose a new option on the N3DS Rosalina menu: "Auto run current title as N3DS". From the next time you launch that title it will automatically run with "804MHz cpu & L2 cache" enabled.
Thank you so much! This sounds great. I'll sure try your fork and see if I manage to make it work.
Edit: Managed to make it work. Thanks again for the fork!

Last edited by Stefano_Lassandro,
Reactions: Nutez

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I imagine it can't be too hard for the Luma team to enable it only for certain titles you list in a config file or something like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.reuters.com/world/us/trump-supporters-call-riots-violent-retribution-after-verdict-20...