Hacking Is it possible to play 3DS games downloaded from CIA's without CFW?

ALT703

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!
I just got a New 2DS, after playing with my hacked Old 3DS for a couple months, and want want to install a couple games, but also have the feel of playing on stock firmware (feels more legit to me idk. Kinda the same feeling as playing a game off a cartridge instead of a digital copy)
So if i install some CIA games and then remove CFW, is there a way to still run the games?
I know on hacks.3ds.guide it says no, but im wondering if there is a method i can use to keep them working?
Thanks!!

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello!
I just got a New 2DS, after playing with my hacked Old 3DS for a couple months, and want want to install a couple games, but also have the feel of playing on stock firmware (feels more legit to me idk. Kinda the same feeling as playing a game off a cartridge instead of a digital copy)
So if i install some CIA games and then remove CFW, is there a way to still run the games?
I know on hacks.3ds.guide it says no, but im wondering if there is a method i can use to keep them working?
Thanks!!
Your answer is no. You need valid signatures for the games which unless you simply purchase them from the eshop and dont dump them. they wont have.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No.
You could create an emunand alongside your stock sysnand, but everything that's unsigned installed on CFW will cease to work when CFW is removed.

Plus... wanting stock firmware coz it's more legit and simultaneously wanting CIA's ???

ALT703

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.
You could create an emunand alongside your stock sysnand, but everything that's unsigned installed on CFW will cease to work when CFW is removed.

Plus... wanting stock firmware coz it's more legit and simultaneously wanting CIA's ???

Haha yeah. Dunno man but it feels different. Probably just me

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello!
Thanks!!
This limits your options to games with universal legit signature. Temporary loading Luma3DS with ntrboot to start FBI via Rosalina injection can do this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: know what? fuck you guys, i've decided to curse you guys with some knowledge: i'm too sexy by...