Gaming Is it possible to re-order images in the Switch's gallery?

Cyber Akuma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I know there are tools to re-sign images and so, but that is not what I am trying to do, I am not trying to add my own images to the gallery.

I took several screenshots and videos, but I had to trim down some of the videos later and I wasn't aware that this would create a new video at the top of my gallery rather than either overwrite the original or place it right next to the original. This put some of my videos far out of order now.

I know that the Switch does not let you put your own images/videos in the gallery but to security reasons, but that's fine, that's not what I am trying to do. I am asking if there is any way I can re-order stuff that's already in the gallery through some internal Switch feature or through renaming the filename or anything like that?

Would I be able to rename them or something to get them re-ordered? What about if I were to copy them from my internal memory to SD? Will they copy to SD in the order I copy them, or will they still retain the order they are currently on my internal memory even if I copy them manually in a different order to SD?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have them on SD instead of internal memory, it will be a lot easier to change stuff, so start with that. Whack them on the SD card then put the SD card in your computer and have a look at the file structure.
The images are stored in nested folders by year/month/date, then the filenames similarly start with the date and time. The file created/modified time matches the filename as well. The filename ends with some kind of long hash, maybe don't change that part.
Firstly, back everything up to your computer as it is, then you can experiment with reordering the images as you want them by changing stuff. I don't know whether the Album app orders them based primarily on the filenames/folders or the file access times, but changing filenames and moving folders is easy, and there's tools to modify file access times, check the googles. Actually this suggests that changing file access times might break stuff. Suck it and see I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Hilarious :rofl2: