Hacking Is it possible to run thr usb payload with switch in the dock and male to male usb connection?

Kekskrümel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Could it be possible to run the usb payload if the Switch is still in Dock with a male to male usb cable ?

Or does the dock disturb the connection ?

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
God damn it just buy a freakin USB a to c cable.
In the end you only want piracy so you have to invest at least something
What's wrong with searching for alternatives when there are problems with bad cables frying devices? I would also avoid buying the overpriced NX Pro Controller just for the cable.

Reactions: leorod199

danny08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just but a cable. A cable won't fry the device, only you can of you do something wrong.
Some time ago There were some cables with a wrong resistor.. and device got fried.
But this isnt a problem anymore. Hes just trying to be not such a obvious pirate

Sonto340

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can you be sure that the cheap cables available on ebay today are newly manufactured and won't cause the problem?
Just go to walmart or best buy. A USB C cable is like $8 these days. If you can’t afford that you probably shouldn’t be risking breaking your $300 console anyway.

Reactions: enarky

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bit of a stretch but a faulty or unsupported cable (usually cheap ass cables) can cause significant damage to any device

Not really. The issue with the Switch is that it’s power requirements are out of the USB-C spec. That being said, I highly doubt that damaging the system would be possible by using a cheap USB-C cable in this purpose. The cable is going to be connected to a USB port. Not a charger.

Samus20XX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God damn it just buy a freakin USB a to c cable.
In the end you only want piracy so you have to invest at least something
you need to chill out dude

Compared to all of the other shit-post-like questions with easy answers, this one is actually a good question. Maybe if you'd take the time to think a little more instead of instantly getting so butthurt you could see that. This doesnt seem like a measure to cut costs or anything like that. I'd prob have a harder time finding A to A than C to A.

Reactions: trich and johu1.j

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean... You should be able to use the cable that came with the switch correct? If not, then I might just hold onto my wireless controller.... I bought it last week and Ive been wanting to return it because I have not used it once since I bought it

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
How can you be sure that the cheap cables available on ebay today are newly manufactured and won't cause the problem?
There's a list of known good cables, it's incomplete but sufficient to find a good cable.
Could it be possible to run the usb payload if the Switch is still in Dock with a male to male usb cable ?

Or does the dock disturb the connection ?
I doubt that would work, the dock acts as a hub which the recovery mode probably won't have drivers for.

Reactions: enarky

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Don't know what Drake was even thinking.