Hacking Is it possible to use Acekard 2i on a DSi with the latest firmware?

Is it possible to use Acekard 2i on a DSi with the latest firmware?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

de-coder

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
On DSi V1.4.4 with HiyaCFW, Ace2i works: Card inserted at start or plug in while running DSi. I installed "NTR Laucher" also, mybe it is necassary.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would like to add that akAIO is just a kernel and boots after the cart has already been booted into, so it doesn't affect the cart's compatibility with the system. I am not very knowledgeable on dsi hacking but according to the guide it says, "Do not system update after installing HiyaCFW. This will remove HiyaCFW’s SD patches.” So I am going to say that updating is a bad idea, but I am not sure what OFW HiyaCFW runs on. Personally, I would suggest going with TWiLight Menu++ for all the features it introduces and still being able to use your AK2i

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What about 1.4.5?
Unfortunately not. AceKard 2i can't be upgraded for stock DSi beyond 1.4.4
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Updating_the_AK2i_Bootloader

Having just unlaunch unlocks it on 1.4.5 to load right from the normal Launcher (tested in the past). Loading through HiyaCFW(SDNAND) and/or TWiLight Menu++ should also work (did not test, would require flashing back to normal; I keep my AceKard 2i permanently flashed for ntrboot as it retains its normal function on CFW 2|3DS as well as loading from unlaunch "File Menu").

If you ever get a DSi not on latest firmware: Updating is pointless unless there are purchased games to (re)download from the defunct shop. Pretty much all updates ever did was blocking flashcarts.

Reactions: thalyy720

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn