Is RiiConnect24 Crapware?

CupheadtheCritic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
Now, because I was trying to properly utilize Wiimmfi on my Wii (Emulator), RiiConnect24 was apparently needed in some way.
So I patch it onto MK Wii, and...

...IT DESTROYED THE ISO FILE, which means I have to get a NEW MKWii iso, then patch Wiimmfi onto it! Unless there's a way to unpatch it since I can't open the ISO anymore...

Jesus Christ...

...Either I have a bad ISO or RiiConnect is Crapware.

Nevermind, but it was like that for a while

• Haha
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Certified GBATemp Boomer
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Now, because I was trying to properly utilize Wiimmfi on my Wii (Emulator), RiiConnect24 was apparently needed in some way.
So I patch it onto MK Wii, and...

...IT DESTROYED THE ISO FILE, which means I have to get a NEW MKWii iso, then patch Wiimmfi onto it! Unless there's a way to unpatch it since I can't open the ISO anymore...

Jesus Christ...

Nevermind, but it was like that for a while
It's highly recommended that you get a perfect ISO of Mario Kart Wii from a Redump lot and not from some suspicious looking website, make sure the checksum also matches with that too. Alternatively, you can automatically patch Wiimmfi from Priiloader by following this guide: https://wii.guide/wiimmfi.html

CupheadtheCritic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
It's highly recommended that you get a perfect ISO of Mario Kart Wii from a Redump lot and not from some suspicious looking website, make sure the checksum also matches with that too. Alternatively, you can automatically patch Wiimmfi from Priiloader by following this guide: https://wii.guide/wiimmfi.html
Once I get the shit I need to hook that red Wii up (No it's not a Wii Mini it's just a Wii... but Red.) I can file dump it for the NAND file, even though my laptop is a piece of shit that crashes Dolphin every five races.

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Once I get the shit I need to hook that red Wii up (No it's not a Wii Mini it's just a Wii... but Red.) I can file dump it for the NAND file, even though my laptop is a piece of shit that crashes Dolphin every five races.
Hey, at least it's not a piece of shit that crashes Dolphin every race...

• Haha
Reactions: Dud and SylverReZ

pistonfish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Your dump was probably not clean. Also, every time you patch game files, something can go wrong. Just copy your files before patching something. That should be basic knowledge.

But yeah, RC24 is the culprit here lol

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Number 1 rule of thumb with file modifications: keep a copy of the data you want to edit in case it goes wrong, so you can go back to its previous state.

Shit happens, and only yourself could be blamed for willingly patching your .iso file without taking the necessary precautions beforehand, I'm afraid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8