Hacking is SX pro legal in the united states

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the system is yours, no matter what tech companies says on the box modifies your own system is legal

EXACTLY... literally just about to say that Lol...

There is no discussion on it

From the DMCA

'namely the act of circumventing an access control mechanism on
games consoles to allow the playing of counterfeit software and *knowingly
manufactured, imported, offered to the public, or otherwise trafficked in
technology, products, services, devices, components or parts thereof, which
were primarily designed to circumvent technological measures designed to
effectively control access to a work copyrighted under Title 17 of the
United States Code, for purposes of commercial advantage or private
financial gain. '*

From a little over 10 years ago

www engadget com/2007/08/02/federal-modchip-raid-spans-16-us-states/

This is the reality

If it harms someone, it's illegal. If it doesn't harm someone, its legal.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would a shop ever sell a device that can allow you to play all the games for free? From a financial standpoint, this would be the pinacle of stupidity...
Because shops have way more freedom than online. Not only could they charge more for the license and installing it for customers. Think about rom packs they could bank off as well. Way more margin for profit than $60 msrp

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If flashcarts and modchips were legal, they'd be sold in stores.
They are absolutely NOT legal in any country the recognizes the DMCA.

Still, customs has bigger fish to fry than R4s so they usually don't look too hard for them. Usually.
They are, they get sold in the Netherlands in shops and shops even provide modding services

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wikipedia is not a good source since it is not official

Sm0k3r83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is no great area , uncertainty or doubt

It is illegal pure and simple

The person behind it Max Louarn has already suffered legal ramifications from Nintendo before and his shill Gary Wayne Bowser has also already been subject to severe legal proceedings before for selling of illegal software (software piracy).

If you do a search for the above on any popular search engine it will soon show you the extent of the legal problems the people behind this device have and will face.

If you are wondering why Modchipcentral and gocybershopping (same store) are not supply the item

www businesswire com/news/home/20170307006321/en/Nintendo-Wins-Groundbreaking-Copyright-Case-Seller-Circumvention

A notice went out from Nintendo USA earlier to ICE which will result in possible all devices beign seized and confiscated on attempted importation into the USA.

The PayPal account associated with the Chinese resellers have been frozen and no doubt the buyers details will be made over to the ICE and then Nintendo with legal ramifications to follow.
LMAO, this made my day

Reactions: Centergaming

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
who cares, you wont be running outside and waving your switch dongle around saying you got one.

just get it and have fun with it, that's definitely what I'll do after i see good reviews and order one.

Reactions: Centergaming

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just like any flashcart ordering: Just buy one, you won't get in trouble for it.

10 years down the road you'll have been using flashcarts and other tools for so long you'll laugh at the idea of how you used to be scared

Source: My life

Aerogems

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The device itself is perfectly legal; how you use it may not.

Nothing has really changed since Sony sued VCR makers over the record feature. It's on Nintendo or game publishers to prove that the device is designed primarily to facilitate pirating games. However, since it can also be used to play copies of legally purchased games, it's basically an impossible hurdle to overcome. Essentially, TX can't be held responsible because you might decide to use their product for the sole purpose of playing pirated games. Things that did in programs like Napster were statements on their website in the early days, like how you can use it to download any song you wanted.

coppertj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tbh i think they're not sold in shops because since it breaks Nintendo's eula nintendo may refuse to supply the shops with their product. Meaning that the only place that you'd go look for videogames is a game shop, so if they also suddenly start selling r4s and stuff Nintendo may not want to supply them anymore and thus going out of business.
Example: datel and action repla- I mean "save master"
edit:in U.S.

coppertj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes,I even think a saw those at a gamestop once.
They used to be sold in game stops at the beginning of 3ds lifeline but something happened and were removed from shelves, probably the cubic ninjahax, or maybe Nintendo really did tell them "no more 3rd party game chips or worse deals/not supplying." I think save masters can be bought only online in GameStop if at all.

Reactions: jimmyj

Centergaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, i think its difficult to pinpoint but probably the first two