Hacking Is the eWin/DSTT GBA expansion still available?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This was discussed a while back here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=102259

Even though that page shows it in stock, if you try to add it to your cart you won't be able to. If you search for "ewin" you'll get to this page where you can see that it is out of stock: http://www.psxboy.com/index.php?gOo=goods_...;imageField.y=0

They have been out of stock for a very long time. There are a couple of other places where you can still purchase the eWin 2-in-1 including zhuzhuchina.com. Zhuzhuchina is a user on this forum and you can PM him for more information or follow this link: http://www.zhuzhuchina.com/store/index.php...;products_id=92

-Bri

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the thing is, unless you specifically need the eWin for some reason, you might as well just get the M3 expansion - they're pretty much the same thing except the m3's got 1MiB of Sram, and exploader works just fine with it as well - plus it's widely available.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually, the EZFlash 3-in-1 is most recommended and supported by a lot of slot 1 flash carts directly from the menu.

-Bri

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was moreso referring to the eWin vs. the M3 in that case. I do suppose the M3 could be recommended if you have an M3 Real, or if you constantly switch between 32MB games, or if you constantly switch between your DS Lite and Phat? Beyond that...yeah, go 3-in-1

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm well aware of the differences and issues relating to the GBA expansion packs. I've already got a 3-in-1, and I'm looking for a cheap 32MB cart that will be supported by future versions of GBA ExpLoader (if there are any), and the M3 expansion won't be. If I had an M3 Real I'd certainly get an M3 GBA expansion for the extra features, but with GBA ExpLoader it's nothing but an eWin pack without 1024 kbit flash save support.

I guess this cart just had a single production run. It's too bad, because it's cheaper than the 3-in-1, and simpler to use do to only having SDRAM and no NOR.

Thanks for the info.

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M3 doesn't work with Flash 1024 Kbit saves? The only game with that save type I've got, SMA4:SMB3 says there's corrupt data at the beginning, but it loads my game fine on Exploader, haven't tested on the M3 Real, but it at least saves. Can't help there - guess you should pick up that Ewin then.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They work, they just don't work properly. It the same as if you SRAM patched the games with GBATA; nearly all of them will still save, but they'll give that error every time.

I'm really more concerned that future versions of GBA ExpLoader won't work with the M3 expansion at all.

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, but at least we won't have to worry about major crippled functionality like with Backup Tool. But yeah...there's not really much of a reason to buy the M3 GBA Expansion unless you're an M3 Real owner, lol

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I personally prefer the eWin 2-in-1 to the EZFlash 3-in-1 because it has more volatile memory instead of the NOR (making it more straightforward and easier to use). I assume that it will be supported by GBA ExpLoader in the future. I'm not sure if the 2-in-1 is still in production, but you can still buy it at zhuzhuchina.com and a few other sites, and I believe it's still cheaper than the 3-in-1.

-Bri

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well see, the M3 is pretty much the same thing except with 1 MB of SRAM - but apparently FUBAR Flash 1024 support. In fact, I've read at one point the M3 Real supported the eWin from the GBA menu, but now it's locked in to the M3 GBA Expansion. The easy solution would be to just leave Pokemon to history, I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +1