Hacking Is there a solution for using multiple USB devices?

schmojo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got 2 8Gb USB flash drives, and would like to have them both plugged in at once. I've installed IOS222, and have tried CFG Loader, USB Loader GX, and NeoGamma, but with no luck.

Is there any way to have both drives mounted at once, or am I stuck switching them around?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
xflak40 said:
u have to switch them... or u can launch cfg loader using a usb port 1 (instead of port 0) by having an external EHmodule (i think its EH) saved to your sd card.
ehcmodule
wink.gif

elmoreas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you really hate switching them around that much, why don't you just sell them and buy a 16gb flash drive. I am not trying to be a jerk here, I am being serious. It seems like you have put a lot of time into figuring out a way to get them to work at the same time so it seems this is pretty important to you. If it is then why not just sell them and buy a bigger single drive? The cost difference is not that much. I have an 8gb and a 16gb both are SanDisk's that I got at Walmart, and if I remember correctly the cost difference between them was only $25ish so with selling 2 used 8Gb ones you should be able to get pretty close to the cost of a 16Gb one. If it is not that big of a deal to you or the cost is more than the switching around is worth to you then just keep them, but if it were me I would just sell them and get a bigger drive, IMHO. Anyways I hope you know that I am just trying to help and not be a smartxxx here. Talk to you later.

Sincerely,
Elmoreas

user0002

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Could it be possible to program a software that makes a distinction betweem usb devices connected to a USB hub that is connected to a Wii and then you could just change from one usb hard disk to another from wii with that program? Those who have knowledge of programming, is that possible or attainable? Or is that a fat, lazy and totally idiotic question? i don't have much knowledge of programming..

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It certainly is possible.
Usb Hub support would be needed in CIOS then loaders could offer disk selection like they do with partitions.
Problem is finding someone who is willing to do it.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you settle for selecting one of the two ports everything is ready.
Simply install 2 cios, one normal and one modified for port 1.
Then configure 2 loaders to use them.
cfg eg reads config from launch dir so you dont need two different loaders.
Dont know about the others.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the issue with xflak40's idea is what if they are saving the settings file to the USB drive? you need to init the drive to read the settings. but you need the settings to know what drive to init. so its the chicken and the egg thing.

for a quick way to do this with GX, just set it up to save your settings file on the USB drive. then put the port1 ehci module in SD:/apps/usbloader_gx/. now when you start the program with no SD card, it will function as normal. when you start the app with the SD card inserted, it will use the top USB port.

schmojo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info guys.

I know I could just buy a 16Gb flash drive, but I wanted to use these two if I could. No problem, I'll just switch them around when needed.

uberbdon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
before any1 were to work on this... shouldn't they work on allowing you to select between port0 and port1?

anyways, i doubt any1 will want to work on either idea anyways

I have my external HD plugged into port0 for games, and I throw a movie on my 4 gig flash drive and put it in port1 for use with Geexbox. In geexbox I can choose weather I want to navigate the flash drive or my external HD. Didn't know this until a couple weeks ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yep most here in Ohio say pop. Oh oh yea I mean North Korea