OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
When I try to access the playstation network I get a message I must update to 5.51.
But I'm on 5.50, and I want to use homebrew in the future.
How can I access the playstation network without updating? Thanks.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There are no exploits for 5.50 yet, so they weren't patched for 5.51. You should be safe to update. Although I guess davee's kernel mode exploit could be used still if there was a user mode exploit found, but there isn't and even if there is, it'll probably be kept for a while, till PSP Go! comes out, which will probably be a few firmwares away. I'd say update, but if you really think there's a chance of something happening, just use media go.

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, if he is on 5.50 with PSP3000 or the latest 2000, he's out of luck anyways...

My advice is keep it on 5.50 and cross your fingers that there will be an exploit for that FW.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no. they dont. and there is no point in staying on the current firmware because if a new exploit is found, it will be on all firmwares. when the tiff exploit came out it was for the latest firmware.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar said:
no. they dont. and there is no point in staying on the current firmware because if a new exploit is found, it will be on all firmwares.

Er, no. An exploit will be available for whatever firmware is actually exploitable. It might be that a 5.50/5.51 exploit wouldn't work on 5.03 and thus force an upgrade rendering the current solutions useless. There's just no way of knowing, although at the moment things are pretty quiet on the next step forward.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one